Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What Type Of Washers... 12 Mar 2007 20:43 #119676

• JimatMilkyWay
  • JimatMilkyWay's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
I have four matched, M6 X 17mm bolts left over from my over-winter clean and mod projects. I don't have my petcock installed yet, so there go two of the four bolts. However, I think I must have used my petcock bolts somewhere else, though I can't imagine where. I should think the petcock bolts would have, at least fiber flat-washers, and the four left overs I have are equipped with split-lock washers. They may as well be flat washers however, since they are so compressed as to be useless as lock washers. My manual simple states they are "plain washers". What should I do to assure a sealed connection at these bolts?
Thanks for your consideration and reply.
Jim@MilkyWay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What Type Of Washers... 13 Mar 2007 06:40 #119738

• Bluemeanie
  • User
  • Thank you received: 14
Me thinks you need to work hard and try and remember where the other two washers are, the diagram does say "plain" washers but does not specifie metal or fiber
1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

What Type Of Washers... 13 Mar 2007 07:59 #119760

• JimatMilkyWay
  • JimatMilkyWay's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
Bluemeanie wrote:

Me thinks you need to work hard and try and remember where the other two washers are, the diagram does say "plain" washers but does not specifie metal or fiber

Very true Blue
Me thinks I could not go wrong with fiber. What thinks thee?
Actually, the remaining bolts were all together in a capped bottle. I'm just mystified that I have 4, all with the lock washers collapsed, meaning, to me anyway, that they were screwed into something REALLY tight.

• Page: