• Page:

TOPIC:

missing plugs for pilot jet 02 Mar 2007 20:09 #116857

• usguns
  • usguns's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi All:

I have a 82 KZ750-M1 CSR with alot of problems. Purchased about 6 weeks ago I am working on the carbs and have found several problems. The carbs ar Mikuni BS 34X. From the manual it shows that there should be plugs over the pilot screws. There were none attached when I took the carbs apart. Is this the case. My second question is about the two Y connectors connecting the carbs togeather. One is for the gas but what about the other. Thanks

Mike J.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

missing plugs for pilot jet 02 Mar 2007 20:34 #116866

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Hey Mike, don't worry about the plugs not being over the "pilot" screws. They are there because some bureaucrat doesn't want you to mess w/the adjustment because the gov'ment decided that motorcycles put out too much "pollution". If a common person were to "improve" the performance of the bike by adjusting the bike to work in real time, said bureaucrat may not have a job. It's kind of like the mattress tag that says "do not remove under penilty of law"
Be a little more specific about all the problems you are having. Get a manuel, they can be had on ebay 20- 60$. Your petcock should have 2 outlets, one is the fuel and goes to a T connector that connects to both carbs. The other is a vacume connection that goes to a smaller T connection that goes to the vacume connection, on each carb. There is another T-connection that is an overflow that has a tube that is routed behind the swing arm.

Post edited by: ronjones, at: 2007/03/02 23:44
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

missing plugs for pilot jet 03 Mar 2007 15:05 #117045

• usguns
  • User
Thanks Ron: I did find a manual but it was difficult. It did not show clearly the vacuum lines. Hopefully the cleaned carb will help get this old girl running again.

Mike J.

missing plugs for pilot jet 03 Mar 2007 17:14 #117086

• arobsum
  • User
  • Thank you received: 10
ronjones wrote:

Hey Mike, don't worry about the plugs not being over the "pilot" screws. They are there because some bureaucrat doesn't want you to mess w/the adjustment because the gov'ment decided that motorcycles put out too much "pollution". If a common person were to "improve" the performance of the bike by adjusting the bike to work in real time, said bureaucrat may not have a job. It's kind of like the mattress tag that says "do not remove under penilty of law"
Be a little more specific about all the problems you are having. Get a manuel, they can be had on ebay 20- 60$. Your petcock should have 2 outlets, one is the fuel and goes to a T connector that connects to both carbs. The other is a vacume connection that goes to a smaller T connection that goes to the vacume connection, on each carb. There is another T-connection that is an overflow that has a tube that is routed behind the swing arm.<br><br>Post edited by: ronjones, at: 2007/03/02 23:44

well said!! some gov't epa man thought it would be cool to mess with the bikers...:)

missing plugs for pilot jet 03 Mar 2007 20:05 #117139

• RespectTheTeg
  • User
Hi!

If your misiing the plug then someone fiddled with the adjustment. Which also means you may have a jet kit in it! MAY being the key word there. When you clean them out you should take note of the jet sizes and if it has an adjustable needle. You may already have a kit installed. It's like finding 80 bucks in a car you just bought, lol.

Good luck with your bike.

missing plugs for pilot jet 05 Mar 2007 14:02 #117517

• usguns
  • User
I wish it was that easy to do. I am finding that the person before me did not believe in metric screws, ie if it is close to a 6mm then a 1/4-20 should work. I would of liked to take out the pilot jets but the slot were so stripped out that that was not going to happen. I did use a ultra sonic cleaner on the carb bodies so hopefully it cleaned out the pilot jets also.

Mike J.

missing plugs for pilot jet 05 Mar 2007 17:24 #117564

• ronjones
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Sears has a set of extractors, called "Drill-out" micropower extractors, that I used to remove several boogered jets, when I rebuilt mine. They worked good but I did have to replace them, which I was going to do anyway. I've used them a lot to remove all sorts of messed up bolts on my bike.
'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

• Page: