Reinstalling carbs

More
24 Feb 2007 20:26 #115168 by beardking
Reinstalling carbs was created by beardking
Anyone have any sneaky tips and tricks for reinstalling carbs on a 78 KZ750B? My problem, so far, is getting the freaking throttle cables hooked up. I can get one hooked up, but when I go to hook up the second, it's like I'm about 3/4" too short and of course, if I pull more out, it just pulls the other one in. I just about threw my carbs across the garage today (I have anger management issues, I know), so I stopped messing with them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Feb 2007 06:03 #115209 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Reinstalling carbs
Much easier to connect cable ends with carbs partially in place (still hanging out the right side) and before pushing carbs into manifolds.

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

More
25 Feb 2007 18:19 #115384 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Reinstalling carbs
Yep he's just about right, but I have done all of mine already in. I can't even remember rite now but I put either one in first then roll the throttle to get theother cable to extend then hold that cable while it is longed out and push the hammer into the area it goes in then you can push the rest of the cable in the groove from there

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
26 Feb 2007 10:28 #115559 by JimatMilkyWay
Replied by JimatMilkyWay on topic Reinstalling carbs
kzwolfsr wrote:

Yep he's just about right, but I have done all of mine already in. I can't even remember rite now but I put either one in first then roll the throttle to get theother cable to extend then hold that cable while it is longed out and push the hammer into the area it goes in then you can push the rest of the cable in the groove from there

Be careful beardking; don't knick, kink or abrade the cable at throttle lever.

Post edited by: JimatMilkyWay, at: 2007/02/26 13:29