Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

How important is the o-ring/washer... 04 Feb 2007 15:12 #110193

• kawabunga500
  • kawabunga500's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
:woohoo: How important is the O ring and washer on the pilot screw? I tore my carbs apart, put em all together again and thought I was done. then I noticed a tiny little washer that must have come from the pilot needle (though I didn't notice it at the time...). I started the bike up and it idle'd great! (albeit a bit high... nothing the idle adjuster can't fix) but I have a bad feeling I am going to be taking the dang carbs off again to put that washer/o-ring back on the pilot screw. I imagine without it, the bike will be running too rich...

How do I tell the difference between the o ring and the washer? Is the o ring made of different material? I noticed this little "washer" was shiny, but I am not sure exactly what it is. What goes first?

See my dilemma? :side:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

How important is the o-ring/washer... 06 Feb 2007 20:09 #110721

• JR
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 435
without that tiny little O ring and washer my bike will run like cr*p. It will idle ok but wont run right. The washer is flat shiny metal and the O ring is black rubber type material. Best way to find out what goes where is to either use a manual or go to www.kawasaki.com follow motorcycle, owner info, parts diagrams etc and find a diagram for your carb.
1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust

How important is the o-ring/washer... 06 Feb 2007 20:26 #110725

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
That reminds me of last week when I changed my oil and filter on my 1000 and didn't realise that the metal bowl was part of the bike and not the filter... just when I had the bike back together. I put the metal sheild back in there Monday pass and the filter was still in good shape, but as for carbs I would make sure I have all the parts in there if I was you 500
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

How important is the o-ring/washer... 07 Feb 2007 00:47 #110751

• kawabunga500
  • kawabunga500's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Awesome! Thanks for the answer guys. I don't look forward to pulling the carbs again, but I guess it serves me right for not paying more attention.

Come on warm weather... :)

• Page: