Static float Adjustment for BS34

More
03 Feb 2007 08:56 #109897 by stone_cold
Static float Adjustment for BS34 was created by stone_cold
O.K guys, I have the carbs clean and ready to go together. I never found a kit for the BS34 on a '83 KZ1100L1 so I bought all the parts I needed along with the new #125 jets.

I need to do a static adjustment to the float level just so I'm in the ballpark when I put them on the bike. My manual (Clymer) is the most usless waster of paper on the planet and only shows the level on the bike and not when doing a rebuild.

I've done a search and come up with 18.6mm as the static level but they don't say where to measure it from. Can someone enlighten me please.

Thanks a bunch for you help.

Tony T

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Feb 2007 10:36 #109917 by floridamba
Replied by floridamba on topic Static float Adjustment for BS34
Tony,

You should measure from the gasket surface to the top of the float with the carbs upside down. Hold up the float so that it does not compress the float needle plunger - sometimes the plunger spring is compressed by the weight of the float and you get a false reading.

Do you have a float gauge for checking the float level once the floats have their initial set and you are ready to fill them with gas?

More
03 Feb 2007 11:34 #109926 by stone_cold
Replied by stone_cold on topic Static float Adjustment for BS34
floridamba wrote:

Do you have a float gauge for checking the float level once the floats have their initial set and you are ready to fill them with gas?

Yes I do. I have a section of clear tubing that fits the bowl drain --- or is there something better. I've used the clear tubing on some of my other bike and it seems to work pretty well.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

Tony T