Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Vacuum Leak or something else 28 Dec 2006 15:03 #102232

• bullitt00692
  • bullitt00692's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
I finally got the old '82 KZ-440 to start after rebuilding the carbs back to specifications and cleaning the carbs up. before the carb rebuild, it would not start at all - Just cranks.

Got everything installed and started it up - Everything is good. She started up and is alive but still on life support.

At idle it runs at 1500 - 2000 RPM and then shoots up to 4500 to 5000 rpm and hangs there for about 3 seconds and then drops to 1500-2000 rpm and then about 6 or 7 seconds later it shoots back up to 4500-5000rpm range and keep running thru this same cycle until I shut the motor off.

Can this be a vacuum leak? I checked everything, but ran out of day light before I could double check things.

Could it be something else - Your suggestions are appreciated.

Lou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Vacuum Leak or something else 28 Dec 2006 21:13 #102293

• kzwolfsr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Sounds like it! My bike had the same problem, but I think I caught it at one of the carb holders, where the hoses connect at ports on the holders.Check to see if the connections are on properly at the holders. I don't think thatthe intakes would cause much of a interference in idle because the throttle still controls the air intake from that side, so it has to be after the carb
1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: