Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

32 mm flatslide jetting 25 Nov 2005 13:10 #10190

• RomSpaceKnight
  • RomSpaceKnight's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I have a set of 85 GSXR 29mm flatslide carbs. I intend to bore them out to 32mm (can be done checked with a mid-80's Suzuki road racer/mechanic/tuner). They are going on a 77 KZ, 1075cc, 12.5:1 cr, 425 lift cam, stock valves, mildly ported head, velocity stacks and Hindle Sidewinder dragpipe. A set of 36mm are not in the budget this or next year. Any ideas on where to start with main jet sizes?

Bike is for drag racing. Has a 750 triple swingarm (3" over KZ stock),KZ400 front end,raked frame,3.5"x18" aluminium spoked rear wheel,air shifter,2-step,Pingle wheelie bars,welded crank,undercut tranny and custom aluminium bodywork. Might/hopefully/should get high 9's out of it. Ran 11.04 with 29mm smoothbores,stock pistons,stock frame/body,wheelie bars,Hindle pipe and no air shifter or 2-step.

Thanks
Pain is temporary, chicks dig scars, glory is forever

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

32 mm flatslide jetting 30 Dec 2005 10:04 #15228

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
Helllllooooooooooo. Is there anybody out there? Just smile if you can hear me. Is there anyone home?

Am I out to lunch with this mod?

32 mm flatslide jetting 30 Dec 2005 11:33 #15249

• elseed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey Rom -- I had these carbs once on my Z1, sold them awhile back for the RS34s. I think these are gonna be great for a strip bike, excellent performance on top, but hard to get 'em good for lower revs. Were abrupt on/off throttle for around town.

I'll have to check my notes, but one thing I do clearly recall was I had to open the pilot screw way out. Stock is like 1.25 or 1.5 turns out if memory serves -- I had to crank them to something like 3 or 3.5 turns out to get a reasonable idle. I think I might have left them with the stock jets. Let me check...

A resource for you: a GSXR enthusiast scanned the factory manual pages for the carbs, put 'em out there right here: www.ablett.jp/bikes/gsxr/carb.htm

Parts are hard to find -- baby those gaskets, as they're expensive to replace.
'75 Z1B with mods

32 mm flatslide jetting 30 Dec 2005 15:18 #15288

• RomSpaceKnight
  • User
I was thinking better around town. My builder says that 36mm flatslides would be the cat's meow for my motor. As 29mm on a stock motor for street they would be killer. Maybe a bit finicky compared to 29mm smoothbores. It's the boring out that will cause me more issues from a main jet point of view. What would a main jet be for a 32mm Mikuni flatslide. Never been one to worry much about pilot and air jets. Only interested in how they work at wide open throttle. Considering I launch at at least 5500rpm, I think I am on the main jet anyways. If it was a street or road racer might have more concern about it. Ran 29mm smothbores before went up 2 sizes on mian jet and didn't even bother with any thing else. Ran 11.04@122mph with Hindle Sidewinder, velocity stacks, slick and wheelie bar. All else stock.

32 mm flatslide jetting 30 Dec 2005 16:13 #15292

• craigpuckett
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
here are what 33's come with stock if that will help,I ran 132.5's or 135's in my 1075 with 33sb's

• Page: