Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

91 zephyr 750 for sale 16 Jun 2024 02:57 #900786

• Robby2894
  • Robby2894's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Located in California's East bay area.Starter clutch isnt catching starter just free spins. It's a beater but would make a good project. About 300 miles ago: oil and hi flo oil filter change full synthetic 10w-40 race engine oil, new hi flo air filter installed, new ngk spark plugs, replaced the old broken throttle assy with another used oem one, new throttle cable, fully rebuilt the carbs, new 1" rise clip on handle bars, aftermarket aluminum foot pegs, Evap canister, vacuum bypass, and removal, When starter clutch was working it'd start first crank rarely had to use the choke unless I drained the fuel from the carbs, even when it was cold outside (ca bay area cold so not below freezing ever really)It didn't need it, I haven't bump started it in a month but even when bump starting it would start first try on a good speed bump when being pushed by someone or down a driveway with a bit of slope in second gear. The engine runs great and even better when it's warmed up a bit.... Negatives: had to replace the oil drain plug with a oversized piggy back drain plug because the oil drain hole was stripped and was leaking (how I bought it from previous owner), but at least now it doesnt leak out of the plug hole anymore. Was leaking out of the left side case cover when it was both cold and just sitting (slow slow drip) and when it was fully warmed up (a drip every few seconds and would slow down more and more when cooling off) and out of the top of the engine case I forget what it is but I think its the pump or breather anyways from that seal, (I overfilled the oil by a half quart so that was my bad) it still shows over full but did remove a little bit of the oil, tightened the engine cover bolts and the bolts for the other parts on top of the case and it stopped and has not leaked since when the engine is cold or hot so no more oil stain on the floor.... Previous owner didn't know how to work on a bike obviously so the left cover bolt threads felt like they were stripped  so I didn't want to tighten them to much and are tightened finger tight pretty much which is just enough to where it feels like if I turned them anymore they would go loose instead of tightening more. Previous owner stripped all 4 spark plug holes so again they are only tightened finger tight right before the point where they would go back to being loose, and I put high temp rtv on the upper half of each spark plug threading to makes sure there is a good seal and that they still have good contact in order to be able to spark. I did this because they were stripped so they could grab better and because before I did that you could hear air blowing past the spark plug on a couple of them. Fires on all 4 cylinders still, and no more leak when under compression. So obviously it either needs a quick easy fix like heli coils, or time sheets, or obviously the real fix would be to replace the cylinder heads. Previous owner laid it down on the right side and must have broke or cracked the clutch cover because it has some kind of job weld or something all over it and looks ugly as hell, but it's never leaked or caused problems so I left it but obviously it needs to be replaced as well, even with those issues it ran great and like I said before the starter clutch stopped working it would start every time an the first try. Bypassed and removed the Evap and vacuum hoses because when I bought it it would accelerate slowly, would choke out if you gave it full throttle, wouldn't go faster than 85, would backfire when riding it, sitting at idle at a stop light, and when you woukd turn it off. It also sounded like it was only firing on two cylinders so I fully rebuilt the carbs and installed the new air filter at the same time, new jets, float bowls, needles, gaskets, diaphrams, everything, main jets one size over than stock. And all those issues disappeared and it started to run like a raped ape. When it's cold and is the first start of the day and it just got started throttle response is a little slow and bogs for a split second but within a minute of it running and warming up it responds to every flick of the wrist instantly from idle to wot it has no delay and responds the same speed as you twisting the throttle. So new air filter Evap, vac bypass/delete and rebuilding carbs, changed its whole demeaner. Never had a problem with the clutch it grabs great never has slipped once. Tires are pretty bald and need to be replaced, front brake doesn't work anymore and barely worked before, might just need fluid not sure never really looked at it but probably needs the master cylinder to be rebuilt, new pads, and rotors could be used but should probably be replaced with pads anyways(bought it like that). Rear break works, it grabs easy and just a little to much pressure on the foot brake it locks up but sounds like metal on metal and there is definitely some scoring on the rotor so obviously the pads are worn out completely need to be changed along with the rotor(bought like that) Rear cowl mounting holes are broken and stays on somehow even though it is just sitting on there(bought like that),going to put zip ties on it tomorrow if there's somewhere to put them but it has never fallen off on me while riding. Shift lever is bent a little bit still works fine same with clutch lever (bought like that). Bike shifts through all gears up and down no problem but if your revving high rpms in second and let go of the throttle just a little bit even it will pop into neutral (bought like that)so I just don't go that high of rpms and dont let go of the throttle instantly, just back off the throttle a bit before letting go of it completely instead and doesn't always happen might just need a slighr adjustment in the cable i dont know. Gas tank is from a Vulcan I think and is not mounted just sits on frame (bought it like that) and because it's a bigger tank it doesnt sit right on the frame and used to tap the horn or starter when youd be turning the bars completely to make a u turn so I adjusted the controls and aimed them upwards a bit and now no issue. Seat is hard to get to latch and latch is unlocked by pulling a piece of wire that comes out under the seat(bought it like that). Needs a new blinker relay and blinkers (bought it kike that). Headlight and rear running/brake light work fine. Hasnt been registered in 10+ years, no DMV fees due and vin check came back clear, also had cops check the vin when I got pulled over when I first fixed the carbs and stuff a block away from my house and it came back clear with there check also plus they let me go with no fines luckily. It has a kz750e1 engine in it so obviously it's not the original engine, and is from a older model.....Obviously it's a rat bike and needs a lot of TLC so please no messages of idk it needs a lot done to it or anything of that nature I already know. If it doesn't sell then after I finish the other project I am in the middle of right now I will pull and completely rebuild the engine, but a rigid frame for it  and make it into a custom rigid frame chopper like people do with the Honda cb759's. I know I could do that for around 1-2.5k depending on how much I want to customize it, instead of resto ing it back to OEM since that would cost the same if not quite a bit more and wouldn't be worth it compared to having a bad ass inline four chop. That would look way more bad ass and would be more fun to build and ride. Rigid frames are cheap for these engines so are aftermarket chopper gas tanks etc. asking 800 prices negotiable possibly once you come and see it in person. No I will not accept 400 for it so dont ask. If your near or in the bay area and want to check it out let me know and we can arrange to meet. Could be ridden home at your own risk otherwise bring a trailer.  I will be uploading more pictures of it later but this is the only one I have right now. Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Robby2894. Reason: Missed some info needed to add and a picture

91 zephyr 750 for sale 16 Jun 2024 06:50 #900793

• Moose1800
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 288
Robby2894, That's an impressive wall of text ! I didn't make it past the first line of what you wrote it gave me a headache just looking at your post. Punctuation is important if you want someone to read your for sale add. Good luck on your sale!!

91 zephyr 750 for sale 16 Jun 2024 08:24 #900805

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
  • Thank you received: 2689
Only thing I'd change is the pics. 

Attachments:

Last edit: by SWest.

91 zephyr 750 for sale 16 Jun 2024 23:53 #900849

• Wookie58
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 2062
Guys it would be good to let this post get back on track - selling a motorcycle 
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest

91 zephyr 750 for sale 17 Jun 2024 07:22 #900860

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 2016
Hi Robby
I wish you success selling your bike
I suggest you rewrite a new thread and breakdown your  description  
You lost me after reading 3 lines. 
Once done we can delete this thread
and make it about you selling your bike.
Dave

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nessism, Wookie58, Moose1800

• Page: