Replied by modprod on topic engine pics
modprod wrote:

larrycavan wrote:

I vote for more photo's of the bike.

quote]quote]

Or something upto date:[/quote]

Or another style:
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Nov 2006 23:15 #93385 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic engine pics
Now that last pic makes it look FAST. :evil:

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
19 Nov 2006 23:20 #93386 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic engine pics
wireman wrote:

how about just a picture of a really big mock up motor,still needs lots of sanding and polishing!:P

Hey wireman nice paint job.

Post edited by: Mark Wing, at: 2006/11/20 02:21

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.

More
20 Nov 2006 12:20 #93494 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic engine pics
looks like we need a engine pictures gallery fellas

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
20 Nov 2006 13:58 #93513 by larrycavan
Replied by larrycavan on topic engine pics
Nice pics ModProd...

More
20 Nov 2006 19:41 #93616 by BohicaBob
Replied by BohicaBob on topic engine pics
Don't know whatever happened to Harry Maillet. I recall that he was a mechanical engineer by trade. I remember him at the roadraces in Southern California when he tuned the Racecrafters' KZ1000s. Harry's street-going 1975 Z1-900 was featured in Motorcyclist magazine years ago with his own cams, Yosh 1015cc racing two-ring slipper pistons, a little head work ("just a little cleanup around the guides"), frame and suspension mods, etc. The bike looked wicked, painted in black. Harry said it made around 120 hp or so. I still have that Motorcyclist issue.

When Pops Yoshimura started preparing and racing Suzuki GS1000s against the KZ1000s in the late 1970s, I asked Harry if he and Racecrafters might switch to racing the GS1000s. He replied, no, because he was getting "over 88 lb-ft of torque" from the lastest KZ1000 motors he was tuning and felt that the KZ1000s could keep up with the GS1000s.

• wireman
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2006 01:40 #93673 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic engine pics
Mark Wing wrote:

wireman wrote:

how about just a picture of a really big mock up motor,still needs lots of sanding and polishing!:P

Hey wireman nice paint job.

<br><br>Post edited by: Mark Wing, at: 2006/11/20 02:21

:laugh: i was thinking about your bike when we stuck that bodywork on there,im gonna run the z1 bodywork i had on there before just havent decided on color yet;)
Attachments:

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2006 02:50 #93674 by larrycavan
Here's a pic of the 900 that I used the 83 GPz11 cams in with 1015 kit and 29 Miks....It's been sitting for about 5 years now...I'm going to be getting it back on the road for the owner this spring....

I'll take some pics of the cam sprocket setup when I pull the cam cover..

That supertrap pipe always bugged me the way it sweeps down and I always felt the primary tubes were entirely too large for this particular motor.

BohicaBob wrote:

Don't know whatever happened to Harry Maillet. I recall that he was a mechanical engineer by trade. I remember him at the roadraces in Southern California when he tuned the Racecrafters' KZ1000s. Harry's street-going 1975 Z1-900 was featured in Motorcyclist magazine years ago with his own cams, Yosh 1015cc racing two-ring slipper pistons, a little head work ("just a little cleanup around the guides"), frame and suspension mods, etc. The bike looked wicked, painted in black. Harry said it made around 120 hp or so. I still have that Motorcyclist issue.

When Pops Yoshimura started preparing and racing Suzuki GS1000s against the KZ1000s in the late 1970s, I asked Harry if he and Racecrafters might switch to racing the GS1000s. He replied, no, because he was getting "over 88 lb-ft of torque" from the lastest KZ1000 motors he was tuning and felt that the KZ1000s could keep up with the GS1000s.

Post edited by: larrycavan, at: 2006/11/21 05:52
Attachments:

• wireman
  • Visitor
21 Nov 2006 11:39 #93775 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic engine pics
larrycavan wrote:

Here's a pic of the 900 that I used the 83 GPz11 cams in with 1015 kit and 29 Miks....It's been sitting for about 5 years now...I'm going to be getting it back on the road for the owner this spring....

That supertrap pipe always bugged me the way it sweeps down and I always felt the primary tubes were entirely too large for this particular motor.

BohicaBob wrote:

<br><br>Post edited by: larrycavan, at: 2006/11/21 05:52

;)yeah thats a nice looking bike,can doesnt look right though.is it pointing down ,or am i just seeing things?

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/22 00:37

More
21 Nov 2006 19:35 #93922 by modprod
Replied by modprod on topic engine pics
larrycavan wrote:

I had wondered how that GPZ cam might work in a small bore streetbike? Like around .420 lift maybe? I was always partial to these small motors and this one is more my style. I remember some 960 motors that ran pretty good with small cams and 29s. Surprizingly responsive!

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
22 Nov 2006 03:42 #93987 by larrycavan
Those cams as I recall are about .390 lift. Pretty good cam for a 1015 motor.

Yes..the can on that Supertrap is pointing downs slightly....Funny part is it bolts right up without any tugging, pushing, or forceing....as I said before, I don't like the pipe..

modprod wrote:

larrycavan wrote:

I had wondered how that GPZ cam might work in a small bore streetbike? Like around .420 lift maybe? I was always partial to these small motors and this one is more my style. I remember some 960 motors that ran pretty good with small cams and 29s. Surprizingly responsive!