Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Kz 750 twin vs 4 cylinders 17 May 2022 04:00 #867197

• Maxbou92
  • Maxbou92's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello everyone, I’m looking to buy a Kz750 twin 1982 with 28 000km. What’s the difference between the 4 cylinders and the twin..?! I cannot find any parts for the twin.. Does the bike has enough power to have fun? My girl has a Fz-07, does the Kz  gonna be able to be in the course? I was looking yesterday to buy a big bore or something else that can improve power.. but nothing on ebay or other site!!
thank you so much 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Kz 750 twin vs 4 cylinders 17 May 2022 08:25 #867217

• TexasKZ
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 2053
What is the difference? Almost everything except that they both have two wheels. The twins came in basically two configurations, a standard model and two cruiser style models.

No, a forty-five year old motorcycle will not keep up with a five year old motorcycle. In this case, the Yamaha makes about thirty-five percent more power, weighs considerably less, has better brakes and suspension, and a much stiffer frame.

The twins were never popular with the performance crowd and they have been out of production for many years, so there are virtually no performance parts available. If you are willing to do a lot of custom fabricating, many improvements can be made. There is one member here who has gone this route, and he has a beautiful  bike, but it was a long, involved evolution.
Here is that thread- kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/598240-saving-a-1980-750-twin

If you live in Europe, CMSNL is an excellent place to find factory parts. In North America, the usual choice is Partzilla.
1982 KZ1000 LTD parts donor
1981 KZ1000 LTD awaiting resurrection
2000 ZRX1100 not ridden enough

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by TexasKZ.
  • Page: