Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Dial indicator mount 14 Oct 2021 21:10 #856661

• rokit_armor
  • rokit_armor's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 13
Hey guys, I wanted to share with you the dial indicator mount I fabbed to help degree my cams in.
It is designed to fit  this Neoteck digital indicator  but other brands may fit. It is designed to work on both the intake and exhaust, by rotating the indicator 180 in the mount. 

The mount braces are slotted to allow for fine adjustment to indicator placement; I had it set right on the edge of the shim

Worked great for finding 0.050 lift of the lobes. This won't give you full lift, which was fine with me. I'm sure you could attach a small pointer to the indicator to compensate for that if needed.

Feel free to  download the files and print it yourself , or message me and I will gladly print and send you one absolutely free!

Bonus tip:
I used this  printable degree wheel . Set it to CD size, printed it and cut it out. Used some Mod Podge to glue it to an old CD I had laying around

All I had to do was remove the pickup plate, attach a pointer, and remove the bolt/nut from the end of the crank.

The center hole in a CD is exactly the same size as the tangs on the advancer. 

You can now put the nut and bolt back on and do your degreeing!

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOHC, TexasKZ, Scirocco, Rick H., Kaylinator

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: