My Gpz1100 nightmare project bike “ warning explicit photos”

More
06 Feb 2021 02:26 #843055 by ac4
The back wheel on scirocco's bike is interesting,that probably cost more than he's asking for the bike:)
I have a B1,wasn't runniing so I converted the fuel injection to the B2,did an article on it here ,as i used the idea first on my Z1 classic(KZ1000G).
I know people have converted the ST to chain drive,not sure how an ST will handle with a different swing arm and it must be interesting to do!For me if I was to do that it would be to put the engine in a chain drive bike,like the MKII.I have an ST and a MKII,and the handling is so much better on the MKII.The ST is very heavy at the back,with chain drive it's maybe very heavy at the front with the massive forks it has...
On my 1200 1100UT and my 1100B2 with a UT motor I'm using z1000J carbs,for normal riding they're good.I just got some Mikuni RS36's,can't decide which bike to put them on:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
06 Feb 2021 03:26 #843056 by Scirocco

ac4 wrote: The back wheel on scirocco's bike is interesting,that probably cost more than he's asking for the bike:)

Yes, you are right. The wheel is a very rare tuning part but it´s not interesting for me and my future projects.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: kzstreetfighter71

• kzstreetfighter71
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Atlantic West Coast
More
06 Feb 2021 14:18 #843090 by kzstreetfighter71

ac4 wrote: The back wheel on scirocco's bike is interesting,that probably cost more than he's asking for the bike:)
I have a B1,wasn't runniing so I converted the fuel injection to the B2,did an article on it here ,as i used the idea first on my Z1 classic(KZ1000G).
I know people have converted the ST to chain drive,not sure how an ST will handle with a different swing arm and it must be interesting to do!For me if I was to do that it would be to put the engine in a chain drive bike,like the MKII.I have an ST and a MKII,and the handling is so much better on the MKII.The ST is very heavy at the back,with chain drive it's maybe very heavy at the front with the massive forks it has...
On my 1200 1100UT and my 1100B2 with a UT motor I'm using z1000J carbs,for normal riding they're good.I just got some Mikuni RS36's,can't decide which bike to put them on:)

Believe you me ac4 i know how much of a gift im getting from scirocco, between bikes and parts it has me sorted for quite a while, all i can do is make sure i do the right thing by the gift and produce 3 road ready bike from it all for me and other to enjoy for years to come.

06 Gsf 1200 bandit, 08 Triumph tiger 1010
05 Yam xv1700 , 02 Hon shadow 1100
1975 Z1 (currently working on)
1977 Z1000 ( running and in storage)
1978 Z1000 (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "skinny tank" (currently working on)
1978 Z1r "fat tank (gathering parts)
1979 z1000st (currently working on)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest