Carbs verses cams and pistons

• Zilla
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
22 Jun 2020 13:58 #828682 by Zilla
Carbs verses cams and pistons was created by Zilla
Hello all, haven’t been on in a while life got in the way lol. I’ve been reading post and can’t really decide. I’ve got a few bucks to spend. So I have the stock 86 KZP 1000, I’m debating on 1- a set of RS 34 flat slides, or the 118 grind cam from Web Cams it’s the street cam for stock motors and a set of pistons that’s for the police bike that’s 70.4 mm. I’m still running the VM28s with pods and Mac 4-1 no baffle .The carbs are straight forward, if I got the cams are they drop ins or will head work have to be done. What would be the best bang for the buck. I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks guys .

1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2020 15:14 #828689 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Carbs verses cams and pistons
Big carbs are wasted on a stock motor.
I'd start with the piston and cams.
Even a stock motor will benefit from port work so that should be considered at the same time.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

• Zilla
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
More
22 Jun 2020 15:25 #828690 by Zilla
Replied by Zilla on topic Carbs verses cams and pistons
If the cams aren’t drop in I would have to send the head out cause I can’t do that and I don’t know if anyone around my way that does. What companies do that, or if there drop ins would they be worth the money?

1986 KZ1000P
2005 Vmax