Wiseco K810 Piston Clearance

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
10 May 2020 07:34 #825373 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Wiseco K810 Piston Clearance
I don't know about the smaller fours but on my 900 going to 1015 didn't add much more vibration. 1/4 counteracts 2/3 so I think that's what evens out the vibration. KHI went with a heavier crank on their new 1000's to even out the vibration and "make a more pleasurable riding experience." As I see it it also slowed down a hefty cc increase on what could have been a rocket. :ohmy: On the road the 1000's weren't much faster and it was still rider against rider in the open and off the line pulling away from them was easy. :lol:
Back in 15 I bought a stock 1015 setup for $100 just for the block. I found # 1 Wiseco piston damaged so I installed the stock setup. I still had the Z2 crank so I didn't notice much loss in power. 58mm throw instead of 66mm but it still ran great. I got a new Wiseco 10.25/1 piston and installed a 903 crank. First ride I almost kissed the ass end of a car as I banged it through the gears on the onramp. Suprised the SHT out of me. It was like riding a new bike. :woohoo:
As I remember it the old 900 was a little buzzy at the handlebars and the mirrors were useless at speed. In 18 I filled the bars with silicon and put some wheel balance weights in the ends. That helped a lot. I wonder what the 1075 will be like? :whistle:
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 May 2020 10:43 #825383 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Wiseco K810 Piston Clearance
On these 2 up 2 down configurations one pair of pistons counter balances the other two.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.