79 KZ750 Cylinder Block Removal help

More
29 Dec 2019 16:24 - 29 Dec 2019 17:18 #816098 by ccammo
79 KZ750 Cylinder Block Removal help was created by ccammo
Hey everyone, having some issues trying to get the cylinder block off. I have the Cyl head removed and now I can't seem to see what the issue is. I think the chain guide fell down and now it's not moving up back to the front of the block, therefore not letting me remove the block. I can't move the rear guide forward as well since the front guide is in the way.

Also I have attached a pic of the cylinder head and was wondering why one valve is reddish-brown?
Should I bring the block and head to a machine shop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Dec 2019 17:18 by ccammo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
29 Dec 2019 16:51 #816099 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic 79 KZ750 Cylinder Block Removal help
Aren't there two 10mm bolts fore and aft holding the block to the case?
Steve

More
29 Dec 2019 16:55 - 29 Dec 2019 17:20 #816100 by ccammo
Replied by ccammo on topic 79 KZ750 Cylinder Block Removal help
Steve, yeah you're absolutely correct, and I forgot to say that all the bolts and whatnot are off. I can't remove the rear chain guide because the front guide fell down in between and can't be moved back up and out of the way. I am hoping I don't have to take the bottom end apart now that the front guide is in the way.
Last edit: 29 Dec 2019 17:20 by ccammo.

More
31 Dec 2019 15:18 #816208 by ccammo
Replied by ccammo on topic 79 KZ750 Cylinder Block Removal help
As per my pictures above, I managed to somehow get my forward chain guide with its respective sprocket stuck in-between both pistons in the valley. Today, I managed to unstick it by prying through the chain tensioner hole, using a thicker punch and leverage. Once I was able to remove the tensioner and sprocket the cylinder block came off in no time! I don't know if anyone has had this issue before but it was very frustrating for me. Also I'm a nub so there's that but I enjoy the learning curve.
Attachments: