KZ1000 LTD - Trouble Starting

• Scirocco
  • Premium Member
  • Never change a running system
More
21 Jun 2017 02:24 #764944 by Scirocco
Replied by Scirocco on topic KZ1000 LTD - Trouble Starting
The source of your problem is one or more leaking needle valve in the float bowl that rises the float bowl high
so that the fuel can go the way into the air box and into the intake boots (cylinder). In a worst case fuel will flow into the motor oil.
Pull your carbs and take a look inside by your self and don´t waste money for a expensive shop service.

www.motorradbay.de/index.php?language=en

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2017 05:30 #764950 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic KZ1000 LTD - Trouble Starting
And would do a sniff-test of the crankcase oil, and examine the oil's condition, to determine whether the oil has been diluted (contaminated) with gasoline. If so, would not run the engine again until the fuel issue has been corrected and the oil and filter have been changed.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
21 Jun 2017 07:16 #764968 by Rogan81
Replied by Rogan81 on topic KZ1000 LTD - Trouble Starting
I'm going to buy the petcock rebuild kit and carb rebuild kits. Can you tell me what size the fuel lines are so I can replace as well?

More
21 Jun 2017 07:38 #764970 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic KZ1000 LTD - Trouble Starting

Rogan81 wrote: I'm going to buy the petcock rebuild kit and carb rebuild kits. Can you tell me what size the fuel lines are so I can replace as well?

Why, have you found a broken part in one of the carbs? If not, BEWARE of carb rebuild kits. They generally contain parts that are not precise and can create problems where no problems previously existed. The original needles and jets will go zillions of miles without any problems, but imprecise aftermarket junk can cause immediate problems.

The original fuel lines were metric, but here’s what I use and it works perfectly - Goodyear 5/16" Fuel Hose SAE 30R7 (required 8") Part # 65123 (see link below). Do NOT use Gates Barricade fuel line as it has an inner sleeve that rolls up like a loose sock and clogs the line when you install it. Ed

www.goodyearrubberproducts.com/2012pdfs/...wnloads/page0031.pdf

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)