Factory 4>1 for an 82 GPz750?

• GKBO
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
More
05 Jul 2016 19:04 #734019 by GKBO
Replied by GKBO on topic Factory 4>1 for an 82 GPz750?

GKBO wrote:

loudhvx wrote: The inline 4 Kz400J is almost identical to the Kz550's, but with smaller displacement. If it fits a Kz400-4, it should also fit a Kz550.

That would be fine IF I had a 550 to fit it on ;)
The seller realized this wasn't a system when he looked at it.It was in a bunch of parts he got in 5 boxs that are supposed to be for an 82 R1. He's going to check spacing ,port sizing and frame clearance to see if it will fit.Gave me an tip on how I might get the broken baffle out of the V&H that came with the bike to.so I MAY be able to use that.

Woooo hoooo....finally got the baffle out of the V&H,was thinking of getting a new V&H baffle but making a mechanical baffle has taken over in my mind.Makes this thread kind of redundant but a thanks to all for your input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
More
07 Jul 2016 04:48 #734122 by Tyrell Corp
Replied by Tyrell Corp on topic Factory 4>1 for an 82 GPz750?
That header isn't Kawasaki, looks more like Sebring with it's unusual four in a line collector arrangement.

Kawasaki did a 4-1 kerker on the z1000R R1 ELR, also it was available as a dealer option for a few of the kz range, they were badged 'kerker by kawasaki'.

1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces

• GKBO
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
More
07 Jul 2016 05:18 #734125 by GKBO

Tyrell Corp wrote: That header isn't Kawasaki, looks more like Sebring with it's unusual four in a line collector arrangement.

Kawasaki did a 4-1 kerker on the z1000R R1 ELR, also it was available as a dealer option for a few of the kz range, they were badged 'kerker by kawasaki'.

That's a new one on me,don't remember Sebring exhausts.Was going to tell the seller I'd give it a pass.Now I'm thinking I should get it just because of the that's cool.All provided it will actualy fit my GPz of course ;)

More
07 Jul 2016 05:40 #734127 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Factory 4>1 for an 82 GPz750?
I've never heard of Sebring exhaust either. That header looks like some sort of OEM type to me. The collector is stamped steel, so that means someone spent money on a tool which isn't cheap. Aftermarket guys don't typically do this. The angle of the tubes makes me think this header is for some bike with an engine that cants forward in the frame. The engine in our KZ's sits more upright.

• GKBO
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Saving old"dead" bikes
More
10 Jul 2016 21:06 #734535 by GKBO

Nessism wrote: I've never heard of Sebring exhaust either. That header looks like some sort of OEM type to me. The collector is stamped steel, so that means someone spent money on a tool which isn't cheap. Aftermarket guys don't typically do this. The angle of the tubes makes me think this header is for some bike with an engine that cants forward in the frame. The engine in our KZ's sits more upright.

Yeah looking at it again it does look like it's more for a angled cylinder bike,it has an OEM look as well.Decided not to worry about it as I no longer really need it anyway.On a twit note I may have thrown out the end cap of the baffle I had.Will see if my local dealer can get a new V&H baffle.It's that or try making my own end cap. :S