How Universal Are KZ 750 Gaskets?

More
12 May 2016 15:15 #726016 by Mac55
How Universal Are KZ 750 Gaskets? was created by Mac55
Figured this would have been asked before but did some searching on here and didn't really find anything. I've been doing some looking around for gaskets for the various covers and internals on my '83 KZ750 F1 and seem to come across a lot of gaskets and gasket sets that claim to be universal among all the late 70's to early 80's 4-cylinder KZ750s and I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that. I sent a message to jaquishmotorsports from the good guys thread about this set here and he said it should all fit my bike. That being told to me I'm now wondering if this full set would also fit my bike because if so I'll just go ahead and get this for the head gasket alone. Anyone know anything about this topic?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 May 2016 16:14 #726022 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic How Universal Are KZ 750 Gaskets?
If you look up the individual gasket part numbers on the Kawasaki parts fishe such as available at Partzilla, you can then check the application information to see what different bikes shared those same part numbers. Generally speaking, a lot of bikes used that same engine in one shape way or form, so many of the gaskets cover a lot of years. Purchasing an aftermarket kit is always a crap shoot though. Sometimes the gaskets don't fit and sometimes the quality is crap. When rebuilding my 750E recently I bought all OEM Kawasaki gaskets. You can typically find them for good prices on ebay. The regular gaskets like side covers and the like are cheap enough to not break the bank if you purchase new from a dealer source too. Better safe than sorry so get the good stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac55

More
12 May 2016 17:59 #726043 by Mac55
Replied by Mac55 on topic How Universal Are KZ 750 Gaskets?
Yeah I've found some good ones on eBay, the enticing thing about that kit was the head gasket which I've yet to find cheaper than $100 with shipping just by itself. I mean if I have to spend that to get a good one I will. It'll be a little while before I'm even able to get around to rebuilding the whole thing, just doing parts here and there but figured if I can get the whole set for that price it wouldn't hurt to have all the gaskets laying around for when I needed them.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
12 May 2016 18:05 #726046 by SWest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mac55

More
12 May 2016 18:23 #726048 by Mac55
Replied by Mac55 on topic How Universal Are KZ 750 Gaskets?
$65 with standard shipping, awesome. Thanks!

More
12 May 2016 18:31 #726051 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic How Universal Are KZ 750 Gaskets?
There was a head gasket thread just the other day where guys found good prices on OEM gaskets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KZB2 650