Technical specs for 650 cylinder head?

• wrenchmonkey
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Apr 2016 12:08 #719884 by wrenchmonkey
Technical specs for 650 cylinder head? was created by wrenchmonkey
I just dropped off my 79 kz650c cylinder head at the machine shop and the guy asked me if I had the technical sheet for it.
The shop is professional but don't keep all model / years of this info on-hand.
He said they like to have it so they can reference what should be vs what they're looking at after cleaning etc.
What info is available for me to download or print-off and take to him?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2016 14:04 - 08 Apr 2016 14:06 #719896 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Technical specs for 650 cylinder head?

wrenchmonkey wrote: I just dropped off my 79 kz650c cylinder head at the machine shop and the guy asked me if I had the technical sheet for it.
The shop is professional but don't keep all model / years of this info on-hand.
He said they like to have it so they can reference what should be vs what they're looking at after cleaning etc.
What info is available for me to download or print-off and take to him?

Simple, look in your factory Kawasaki service manual and print off a few pages. You can download the manual for free off the internet.

www.jarlef.no/Kawasaki/Series/Z/650/z650files.htm
Last edit: 08 Apr 2016 14:06 by Nessism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wrenchmonkey

• wrenchmonkey
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Apr 2016 15:41 #719919 by wrenchmonkey
Replied by wrenchmonkey on topic Technical specs for 650 cylinder head?
Thanks Nessism. I did actually print off a few pages from that manual and even the owner's manual just in case but as it turned out, the young guy that asked me for these, wasn't sure what was needed and when I returned later to the machine shop I finally got to speak with the owner (who is also a "motorcycle guy") and all he wanted was the valve gap specs which I had already left with the young guy earlier.
Overall, I felt way more confident after speaking with the owner that my cylinder head was in good hands.

And yes, I'm still awaiting the arrival of my fsm purchased used from Amazon. Sucks when stuff isn't available through Amazon Prime, I gotta say :(

More
08 Apr 2016 17:00 #719943 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Technical specs for 650 cylinder head?
Make sure to tell them to check the valve stem height and cut the valve stems to assure you wind up in the middle of the shim range. I believe the spec is in the manual. APE sells a tool so you can look that up as well and share the info.