Z1R turbo head choices?

More
04 Apr 2016 14:01 - 04 Apr 2016 14:04 #719252 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Z1R turbo head choices?
That will do just fine :cheer:
No bad news if it's in good condition. i'd even keep the top idler.
Why waste money on an APE one if that one does the job.
Early GPZ and J are basically the same head except the 'B' which has longer inlet tracts and injector mounts (which yours hasn't).
Unitrack has twin swirl chambers and an 'A' stamped in the inlet runners but can't tell by your pic's .
Which ever one it is it will do the job, You shouldn't have any valve to piston issues with turbo pistons.
You will need to rig up an electronic tacho.

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

Last edit: 04 Apr 2016 14:04 by zed1015.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mrdatsunturbo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
More
04 Apr 2016 23:14 #719320 by mrdatsunturbo
Replied by mrdatsunturbo on topic Z1R turbo head choices?
Thanks a lot. Is it a good idea to keep the oilpipe to each corner of the head?
If doing some new tube or hose it can be very nice to look at.
i look forward to start this engine when completed.I will check about A stamp but there is a port job done on intake side.
Engine this head came from was built somewher in Europe, ran 7.73 as best on 1/4 mile.
The rest of the bike is on eurodragbike sale on facebook. Faldalen motor is the company here in Norway.Rune :)

More
05 Apr 2016 01:27 #719324 by zed1015
Replied by zed1015 on topic Z1R turbo head choices?
If it was done correctly those external cam oil feeds were there because the engine was dry blocked.
This mean the oil feeds at the crankcase/barrel base (the 2 rear outer studs) would have been plugged as well as the four in the head to prevent oil flow back down the block.
You NEED to check this.
If the head ones are plugged and you fit the head as normal with the corner oil feeds blanked you will have no oil supply to the head and the cams etc will run dry and get trashed.
You need to check for the head plugs and either -
1 - Remove the plugs and cap off the corner oil feeds,
(You could also link the corner feeds - inlet to exhaust cam - instead of just capping them )
2- Leave the plugs and fit an oiling system ( The racer who sold you the head should have all you need and i'm surprised that he didn't include it with the head)

AIR CORRECTOR JETS FOR VM CARBS AND ETHANOL RESISTANT VITON CHOKE PLUNGER SEAL REPLACMENT FOR ALL CLASSIC AND MODERN MOTORCYCLE CARBURETTORS
kzrider.com/forum/23-for-sale/611992-air-corrector-jets-

• mrdatsunturbo
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • mrturbo Norway
More
05 Apr 2016 01:46 #719326 by mrdatsunturbo
Replied by mrdatsunturbo on topic Z1R turbo head choices?
Oh yes he supplied me all the oil lines, so i will check dry blocking .
And as you tell me just leave it like it is ,yes i will and i was also Down in my garage and it is A stamp inside port. :)
Thanks again from Norway