Kz 750 ltd power!

• Kevinbmxshred
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Mar 2016 00:25 #718162 by Kevinbmxshred
Kz 750 ltd power! was created by Kevinbmxshred
Hello im looking for a little advice! I just bought my second Kz 750. Long story short I had to sell my first one a few years back when my son was born. I had done the usual 4 into 1 header jet the carbs. And yes for a 30 year old 750 cc bike I was pretty impressed and happy with it! My newest one is a 1983 Kz 750 ltd. so far I've spent my time cleaning up the bike and stripping it down of all the "ltd" trim. Put a Mac 4 into 1 on it cleaned and jetted the carbs (keihn cv 34) I drilled the pilot jets out they are #35 stock (they don't make bigger sizes atleast none that I know of ) to roughly #50 and bought some mikuni jets for the secondary's I used the 112s. Note: a lot of people have a hard time also finding secondary's for these carbs and a few years ago an old man I met said MIKUNIS JETS WILL WORK IN KEIHN CARBS as long as you just work them in and out until the threads match up. It worked and the bike runs amazing and healthy. Just figured I'd share that for anyone struggling to find jets. anyway aside from that this time around I have a much better job and bigger garage and I want to see just how much power I can get out of this little 750. We're do I start? New heads? New ignition? If anyone could give me any advice I'm all ears. I Want to just scrap the Cv carbs but I don't know what else would be best? Help me make this old ltd a one of a kind Harley eater

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2016 04:58 #718181 by undiablo
Replied by undiablo on topic Kz 750 ltd power!
You could have bought bigger slow pilot jets at JetRUs. They come in #38 and #40.
So instead you drilled the #35s with a drill bit and opened it to #50? Seems a lot. How much turns out are your idle mixture screws now?
Primary and secondary main jets are also available, Z1enterprises for example.
For more power and torque I would go with a Wiseco 810cc piston kit. IF you want more top end, you could also drop in some GPZ750 camshafts.
I see a lot of old KZ750 running the Keihins CR29 specials nowadays with great success, but you must let the airbox gone and put some pods.
The best 750 head is the ZR7s. It has the biggest valves.
Stock Kawasaki TCI electronic ignition works just fine. May be you can replace the 30+ years old coils with some grey Dynatek Coils 2.2ohms.
The best ignition nowadays IMHO is the C5 Perfomance Ignition. Optical trigger and 3 sparks each cycle from 0 to the red line RPMs. However, it is a big buck investment.

Welcome back to he KZ World! Ride safe!

Kawasaki KZ 750/4 LTD 1981
Kawasaki KLR 650 2011
Argentina - Buenos Aires

More
30 Mar 2016 05:08 #718183 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Kz 750 ltd power!
Welcome to the site but please tell the old man that Keihin jets are easy to find and are also inexpensive www.z1enterprises.com/search?q=keihin
I would be very wary of working in Mikuni jets and buggering up the threads in the carb body.

A simple mod on the bike would be to go a bit bigger on the rear sprocket for morelow end acceleration or smaller for more top speed.
Or you could go the whole nine yards and bore out to 810cc with GpZ cams, polish the ports atc etc but you pay $ for small performance gains.
I'm sure youll get lots of suggestions
Good Luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust