KZ750 Won't Start

More
13 Jan 2016 16:29 - 13 Jan 2016 17:00 #706650 by JR
Replied by JR on topic KZ750 Won't Start

K17 wrote: Thanks for all the help guys. I got the oil out and she runs great. Also did an oil filter swap while I was at it so I feel much better about the whole thing. My Clymer manual just showed up so I'm going to try and return it and get an actual factory manual. Thanks for the PDF link tho, that definitely helps. The next step once I get a real manual is going to be getting it up on a jack and tearing it apart. Theres definitely some filth that needs to come off. Theres plenty on the internal side that definitely sounds like it could use some work but I figure it'll probably be a bit easier once its off the bike.

I'd definitely like to keep it as close to stock as I can in the end. I've been looking for inspiration online and found this,

and I think along that lines is going to be the goal, with a little more bronze. But thankfully I've got plenty of time.

Thanks again for the help

Nice looking bike but the combination of pods and open or cut off exhaust pipes may make for poor running not to mention the noise pollution

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Last edit: 13 Jan 2016 17:00 by JR.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Jan 2016 16:58 #706656 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic KZ750 Won't Start
I don't care for the Harley style tail light and cut off pipes.
Steve

More
15 Jan 2016 17:52 #706845 by K17
Replied by K17 on topic KZ750 Won't Start
So I'm trying to pick up a service manual online and I can find plenty for the KZ750, but because I have an LTD, is that a different manual or will I be good with the KZ750 Four manual, as long as it has a 1981 supplement?

1981 Kawasaki KZ750 LTD H
I have no idea what I'm doing. But thats the fun part.

More
15 Jan 2016 18:58 - 15 Jan 2016 19:02 #706849 by JR
Replied by JR on topic KZ750 Won't Start
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationYou want to first make sure that the manual is for a 4 cyclinder andnot a twin .
Most 4 cylinder manuals cover multiple models so check the back cover for something like this

which is from the pdf manual on the mbsween website. You can see it covers your model

There is one on ebay at a reasonableprice at the moment

I have a Haynes manual also which I like . Avoid the Clymers

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Jan 2016 19:02 by JR.

More
08 Oct 2017 11:23 #772532 by Kisa
Replied by Kisa on topic KZ750 Won't Start
Congrats on your bike. I'm doing the same with the 81 kz750e2 it was my fathers.
The grinding you are talking about sounds like like the problem I'm having. I even asked about the grinding a day ago. From what I've seen and searched if your battery is new and charged and it still grinding you should look at your starter clutch. It can be as simple as its out of alignment or the casing could be cracked keeping the rollers from making smooth contact.
Good luck with your bike.
(Side note you can download the manual for free online. The book is great but if your like me you may have problems with seeing and reading some of it.. I like that I can zoom in on the pictures or writing.)