KZ1100 APE Manual Cam Chain Tensioner adjustment

More
14 Oct 2015 05:35 #694511 by Z1kid
Hello, I am trying to fire up my 1100 and the only thing left to do on the engine is adjust the manual cam chain tensioner. I know there was a link on here but simply comes up 404 error not found!

If someone has this information and would like to share it it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank's, Chuck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Oct 2015 06:34 #694515 by SWest
Be careful with it. Mine had the O ring embedded in the threads so I couldn't tell if it was tight or not. Stupid design. Make sure the O ring isn't interfering with the threads. Finger tighten the bolt until you feel it tighten up on the adjuster arm or slide, then back off 1/8 turn. Fire it up and listen for noise. Like the guy said. Better to be a little loose than too tight and destroy something. :whistle:
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Z1kid

More
14 Oct 2015 17:53 #694600 by Z1kid
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the info, My biggest worry was to over tighten it and put to much pressure on the chain and slides. I will pull it back off tomorrow and check for the o-ring in the threads, When I tried to adjust it I could not feel any point of contact at all (it would be great if that is what the problem is the o-ring in threads). I will try as you said then fire her up and check for noise.

Peace,
Chuck

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Oct 2015 18:48 #694607 by SWest
I showed what happened to the middle roller and guide. Could have busted a cam chain and had one Fked up day. :pinch:
Steve