No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?

More
14 Jul 2015 17:44 #680878 by Mr.Wizard
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAftermarket Valves from "Japan"? was created by Mr.Wizard
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAnyone have experience with these valves? They're a fantastic deal:

I did some digging but couldn't find anyone conversations about them. Supposedly they're made in Japan and the distribution through that ebay store is out of Germany but I've seen what looks like the same exact valves coming out of Australia as well. A set of 8 comes out to about $17 apeice, so it's a huge savings over OEM if the quality can come comparatively close.

Just wanted to see if anyone had two cents to chip in!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jul 2015 17:50 #680880 by missionkz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by missionkz on topic Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?
After finding out I had three bent valves... I went out of my way for a few days until I found a NOS OEM set and I paid no more then $27 for any one of them.

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

More
14 Jul 2015 19:07 #680889 by roy-b-boy-b
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?
I have a lot of used valves. Never hurts to have spares. I broke a timing chain once and needed a set and had to buy a head to get a set.

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
14 Jul 2015 19:21 #680893 by SWest
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by SWest on topic Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?
Ask who makes them. I bought a set of Doremi valves made in Japan. They were lighter than my stock ones so I wasn't sure about them. Couldn't find any bad reviews and no problems so far.
Steve

• Tyrell Corp
  • User
  • "You were made as well as we could make you"
More
15 Jul 2015 08:38 #680988 by Tyrell Corp
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by Tyrell Corp on topic Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?
After finding out I had three bent valves were these taken from a running engine? the reason I ask is they can be very slightly out and it isn't obvious.

1980 Gpz550 D1, 1981 GPz550 D1. 1982 GPz750R1. 1983 z1000R R2. all four aces

More
15 Jul 2015 11:08 #681005 by missionkz
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by missionkz on topic Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?

Tyrell Corp wrote: After finding out I had three bent valves were these taken from a running engine? the reason I ask is they can be very slightly out and it isn't obvious.

No, not running. Not really obvious either. it was a spare head. I poured thinner into the ports and watched three of valves weep or drip fluid out of the them. I took it to an engine shop and they V blocked them to show me the valve heads were wobbling quite a bit when turned under a micrometer.

Bruce
1977 KZ1000A1
2016 Triumph T120 Bonneville
Far North East Metro Denver Colorado

More
15 Jul 2015 16:41 #681043 by bountyhunter
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by bountyhunter on topic Aftermarket Valves from "Japan"?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Mr.Wizard wrote: Anyone have experience with these valves? They're a fantastic deal:

I did some digging but couldn't find anyone conversations about them. Supposedly they're made in Japan and the distribution through that ebay store is out of Germany but I've seen what looks like the same exact valves coming out of Australia as well. A set of 8 comes out to about $17 apeice, so it's a huge savings over OEM if the quality can come comparatively close.

Just wanted to see if anyone had two cents to chip in!

I don't recognize them but I recall I got all new valves for my 750 from RustyRidersLLC and I think the brand was Vesrah but I never paid more than $20 for a valve.

1979 KZ-750 Twin