Question about chain guides

More
17 May 2015 16:31 #672542 by kz n az
Question about chain guides was created by kz n az
Hello Everyone
I found the forum little over a year ago. and like how you guys help each other out.
So I bought a 80 750h and what a mess it was. It was chearer to build a cafe then to restore plus I like the idea of trying to make something old into something new. ( Did mention I was unemployed )
I knew nothing about engine rebuilding and suspension modification, so why should that stop me right.
During the build every time I hit a wall I would go to the archive section and sure enough found the answer.
Now that bring me to my next problem. I have two motor 80 750H and 81 750(?) While rebuilding motor number two the head does not want to fit on the block. It seem like the tabs on the side of the chain guide are not letting the head go down. Could there be a different in guides. I took the guide out and it does not fit in the channel in the head. My other engine runs great ( thanks to this forum) Maybe I switch the guides? Help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
17 May 2015 17:37 #672546 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Question about chain guides
I'm confused. The other motor runs great and you want to change the guides? Pics?
Steve

More
17 May 2015 18:00 #672550 by kz n az
Replied by kz n az on topic Question about chain guides
I wondered if I mistakenly switched the two guides when the engines were being rebuilt, would it make a difference? I can barely use a flip phone, let alone attach pictures!!

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
More
17 May 2015 18:15 - 17 May 2015 18:16 #672564 by JR
Replied by JR on topic Question about chain guides
Very strange.

Have a look at this site
www.powersportswarehouse.com/p/Kawasaki

Find your bike then the part # for the chain guide or guides.
Cut and paste the part number into the search box at the top right of that page and press enter
Click on the first # in the drop down box- the one beside the big K
On the next page look to the right and click on "where used" and you should get a pop up window showing all the models that part is used in.
From what I can see the same cam chain guides and associated bits were used in all the 1980 - 84 750/4s and also some later. models.
Cant see that swapping chain guides would make adifference.
You will probably find it's something simple
Good luck

1980 kz750E1, Delkevic exhaust
Last edit: 17 May 2015 18:16 by JR.

More
17 May 2015 20:11 #672577 by kz n az
Replied by kz n az on topic Question about chain guides
Thanks JR
Its looks like they have the same parts number anyway.
I guest I need to back track and try and look closer. Im sure your right just something simple. thank for your time and info.