Clutch cable spring

More
30 Jul 2014 07:09 #641982 by nlneilson
Replied by nlneilson on topic Clutch cable spring
It's good i Noticed this thread. I had help removing the cable and the spring was laying on the floor in front of the bike. My new cable may be in this afternoon or tomorrow. The cir clip mentioned may retain the lower end of the cable fitting. I hope that is still there. The bike is still taking up space in his shop so any help from him is appreciated. When I take something apart I slow down, much easier for re assembly.
Missing parts ?? I usually have 'extra' parts.

Neil
KZ1000P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jul 2014 18:14 - 30 Jul 2014 18:16 #642064 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Clutch cable spring

Attachment Screenshot2014-07-29at10.16.05PM.png not found

Motor Head wrote: That spring takes any slack out of the cable, making the lever return against its perch., keeping a bit of freeplay at the push rod to worm gear in the side cover. With a safety switch on your clutch lever, if it didn't return all the way to the perch it may start without the lever pulled in.
Doubt you really need the Kawasaki spring. Ace Hardware or Lowes, or any good hardware store with a selection of springs should have something for about a buck.

As Motor Head noted, the spring applies mild pressure toward keeping the lever against the perch, which avoids slop at the gap area, so the lever won't flop back and forth against the perch.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Jul 2014 18:16 by Patton.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.