Buzzing/vibrating/rattle from exhaust cam area?

More
21 Jun 2014 18:54 #637454 by apbling
Anyone got any idea how this happens?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Jun 2014 19:03 #637457 by Patton

apbling wrote: ... in the airbox... My filter was doing backstrokes in about 12 oz of gas....

If not already done, would also sniff-test the crankcase oil and examine it for possible gasoline contamination. Actually should have been done immediately upon discovering gasoline inside the airbox, and before starting the engine which risked running with lubrication deficiency due to gasoline diluting the oil.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
22 Jun 2014 07:45 - 22 Jun 2014 07:45 #637499 by apbling
Agreed Patton. First thing I thought of when gas in air box discovered. I did drop the oil, didn't smell like gas. Is what I show just going to get worse now or can it just be a cosmetic reminder to think about things before you start the bike? I did try and smooth the score and bur with some emery clothe. Nothing too abrasive.

I'd like to also mention bike seems a-ok now though.
Last edit: 22 Jun 2014 07:45 by apbling.

More
22 Jun 2014 09:11 #637514 by loudhvx
I can't think of a reason for that other than the obvious... a piece of grit got in during maintenance.
I wouldn't worry about it. There's nothing simple to be done about it.

Glad to hear it runs ok now, but why the gas pool? Is the leak fixed?

More
22 Jun 2014 17:50 #637578 by apbling
Gas pool was caused by moron owner leaving petcock on prime while bike sat. That being said, the float needle should stop the flow, but didn't. Also means that maybe I have an overflow plugged too.