First motorcycle: 1982 kz650 csr - service manual?

More
22 Aug 2013 19:49 #602691 by isolatoi
Hi all,

I just picked this baby up for $800, it has 17k miles. It idles a little rough cause the carbs are dirty (I think), but I'm very excited to get this and be mobile again after my truck died 3 weeks ago

I'm looking for the service manual, preferably an online or PDF version, for this bike. Anyone know where I can find it?
I was able to find older year manuals but not for the 1982. I want to start going through all of the scheduled maintenance and be able to clean out the CV carbs on this.

Any other advice for a first time motorcycle/kz650 owner?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Aug 2013 21:01 #602703 by MDawnz1
Welcome !!

Sorry, I looked through my online resource of manuals and no 82 650csr.

First time rider?

Be careful,,,,,,,,
How many times have you heard or seen in print (I DIDN'T SEE HIM)
For whatever reason, they don't.
Have fun and look out for yourself.

PS , fill out your profile, for all I know, you live around the corner from me.

1974 Z1a, still 903

More
22 Aug 2013 21:15 #602706 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic First motorcycle: 1982 kz650 csr - service manual?
I got mine from eBay. Worth the price over a pdf file.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

More
22 Aug 2013 22:24 #602717 by 650ed
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAdvice - buy one of these; you will be VERY happy you did! No KZ owner should be without one; they are worth their weight in gold.

More advice; take a look at the link; it contains some info that should be helpful. Ed

kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/589649-...r-savannah-ga#594587

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
22 Aug 2013 22:40 #602724 by Patton

isolatoi wrote: Hi all,

I just picked this baby up for $800, it has 17k miles. It idles a little rough cause the carbs are dirty (I think), but I'm very excited to get this and be mobile again after my truck died 3 weeks ago

I'm looking for the service manual, preferably an online or PDF version, for this bike. Anyone know where I can find it?
I was able to find older year manuals but not for the 1982. I want to start going through all of the scheduled maintenance and be able to clean out the CV carbs on this.

Any other advice for a first time motorcycle/kz650 owner?

Hello, isolatoi, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

Until the hard copy arrives, this link includes a downloadable 1981 KZ650 FSM (Factory Service Manual) that likely covers much info applicable to the "82 CSR.

Click the link, and scroll down to the manual. Then click on it.

jarlef.no/Kawasaki/Series/Z/650/z650files.htm

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

More
23 Aug 2013 10:08 - 26 Aug 2013 12:11 #602762 by martin_csr
The 82 650-CSR has BS32 carburetors, so you'll probably want to get the 81-82 manual (the 81 650 has VM24 carbs). Other than the carbs, the 82 is almost identical to the 81, but there may be slight differences, such as the fork oil capacity or the meter warning lights.

Search ebbaayy for KZ650 manual. There are others in addition to those that 650ed linked.
This one appears to be in very good condition -->> Item # 190651290146 -->> ~$35 shipped.

jarlef z650 the Files section has the 81 manual.
Last edit: 26 Aug 2013 12:11 by martin_csr.

More
26 Aug 2013 04:06 #603096 by isolatoi
Thank you everyone for the copious about of information / wisdom / resources! I most definitely will buy one from eBay (or the like); I cannot speak highly enough of this community if the sample of you who responded to this post represent the forum as a whole.

Perhaps I can give back by uploading a digital copy of my manual once it arrives :D

I will be sure to pick everyone's brains whenever I have work to do.

More
19 Sep 2013 07:18 #607029 by sig
Hi, welcome to the forum! I'm in the same boat, first bike bought it in April, the exact same thing you have here actually! Looking at the pic and comparing to mine, I'd guess your bike was a daily driver for a while and was well cared for!
Good news! You chose a bike that has a lot of parts for sale still. Many parts of modern Ninjas will fit also! On my bike I've replaced the master cylinder, ignition, spark plug wires, tires, battery, handlebars, tach and speedo cables with aftermarket parts. They're available and easy to find with just a little research. When searching for your parts keep in mind the year, model CSR, and on partzillausa.com remember your engine type (probably H2)
Your (our) particular bike has a pull throttle cable only but the manual will say that it has both push and pull. Don't worry about it :) ALSO buy a Kawasaki manual. They're available in PDF but not as handy as the real thing! About $25-$35 shipped.

My advice to you: don't take your Japanese bike to a Harley shop.

1982 KZ650H CSR