Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Mac vs. VH ? 20 Jun 2006 04:45 #55660

• KB02
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
kawsakiman wrote:

btw, anyone know where the websight is for the x-pipe?

www.xpipe.org/motorcycle.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Mac vs. VH ? 20 Jun 2006 05:55 #55675

• trippivot
  • User
  • Thank you received: 3
Vance and Hines is well worth the money!! all the way better chrome easy to keep polished replaceable and optional sized baffles. normal megaphone or sidewinder.

Mac vs. VH ? 20 Jun 2006 13:55 #55784

• rattler
  • User
i have hade two vane hines 4-1 header on my bike with out any problems. great sound. since i am going to switch to a sidewinder pipe here soon i am thinking of going with a star raceing header. a guy i ride with has one on his coustom z1r and i realy like it. the spider pipe they have is supposed to up the horsepower 15-20. i dont care all that much for the mac. to much money for what it is.

BUT I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IF I COULD HAVE ANY PIPE FOR MY KZ IT WOULD BE A OLDER MURRY 4-1. GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE.

Mac vs. VH ? 21 Jun 2006 08:44 #55989

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
Not sure if this is an ok question or not - I am looking ot replace my 4-2 exhaust eventually in favor of a 4-1. Where can you buy a Mac header in the states? The only exhaust I seem to come acrossed is the V&H 4-1 and I like to have options when I go and buy something...

Mac vs. VH ? 21 Jun 2006 08:51 #55990

• kwakagoose
  • User
Jardine kawasaki 4 into 2 pipe
Attachments:

Mac vs. VH ? 21 Jun 2006 17:56 #56113

• AzKZ650
  • AzKZ650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey DoubleDub, when i punch in your bike on denniskirk.com it has 9 options for exhausts, I'll even drop you a link:

www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/m...ue&_requestid=217807

But I would shop around, you can usually find stuff a little cheaper (try ebay or other shops) then denniskirk sells it. I will say I've never had a problem with the stuff I've bought from them and they have good tech support.

Hope it helps (I'm still undecided on which exhaust to go with :S )-Brian

Mac vs. VH ? 22 Jun 2006 18:02 #56363

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
Hey thanks! I have a hard time "googling" for parts for my bike and the few places I knew online didn't have much other than the V&H exhaust or the 4-4 exhaust on Z1Enterprises site.

Mac vs. VH ? 22 Jun 2006 18:28 #56370

• AzKZ650
  • AzKZ650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
No problem, I'm glad my endless hours of surfing the net and flipping through catalogs can be put to some good use :)

Hey would someone mind posting a pic of the vance & hines exhaust on their 650? I emailed Jeff about the V&H's and he still speaks highly of it, says its more a problem of over chroming the pipes....

Mac vs. VH ? 22 Jun 2006 21:23 #56424

• rattler
  • User
doubledub
staraceing, vance hines,kerker, mac,jardin exhaust all make 4-1 pipes for your bike.
there are a lot more companys overseas that make 4-1 for ur bike also.

Mac vs. VH ? 23 Jun 2006 06:03 #56487

• skippr76KZ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I know I'm weighing in late on the V & H quality issue brought up. Wireman speaks the truth in the quality problems with the V & H product I purchased for the 76KZ900LTD. I don't fault Jeff or Z1, but did give him a heads up. Brand new pipes, didn't fit to the frame properly. Headers same issue. Also some minor surface rust where the 4 join into one - but it's in an area that's out of view. I also have V & H longshots on the cruiser - and love em. Normally V&H is a quality product - so this puzzled me. If I had it to do over again, I'd go with the Kerkers.
1976 KZ900LTD Fully Restored
2000 Vulcan FI Classic
1998 Ducati ST2, Gone

Mac vs. VH ? 23 Jun 2006 23:15 #56751

• rattler
  • User
the only thing that i have noticed that vance hine has changed on the 4-1 header is the mounting tab on the megaphone. the old tab didnt stand up very much and ran about 4 inches along the pipe. the new tab is slim and stands about 3-4 inches tall. i actulay had to make a small bracket to mount it up like it was before.it took only a few mins. it wanst a big issue but for the money you should get what you paid for.

as far ass the vance hines sidewinder pipes go you got to do a lot more to get it to work. you will have peg and brake pedel clearance issues and you will need a mounting bracket in the back. but on the other hand the sidewinder is over a hunderd bucks cheaper.

Mac vs. VH ? 29 Jun 2006 15:15 #58122

• skippr76KZ
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Here's a pic showing the bracket wireman came up with to accomodate the Vance and Hines mis-alignment out of the box. You can see that it's off 2-3 inches from the exhaust mount hole. The bracket we made works great, but as rattler said - "but for the money you should get what you paid for."
1976 KZ900LTD Fully Restored
2000 Vulcan FI Classic
1998 Ducati ST2, Gone
Attachments: