Rough riding after valve clearance adjustment

More
24 Nov 2012 23:03 #559921 by Patton

daless wrote:

donthaveakawman wrote: I'm almost willing to be that sounds like the wheel bearing is bad. you want to get that checked asap.

What's that in reference to?

Patton wrote: Carbs need a proper bench sync.

Yeah... Thought I followed that procedure pretty well. Guess not. Any clues as to what went wrong?

A mistake is sometimes made during the bench sync by failing to leave sufficient thread remaining on the idle adjustment screw to permit further lowering the throttle slides as is often required during the later running sync.

This error is what may cause the problem described as, the throttle lever never comes into contact with the throttle stop screw. Is that right? The screw seems effectively useless....

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• donthaveakawman
  • Visitor
25 Nov 2012 06:32 #559967 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic Rough riding after valve clearance adjustment
I don't think this thread is doing me any good, I developed a wheel clicking noise saturday as I was Passing a car that was doing the speed limit. that is no good excuse to go faster than the speed limit, I know. It just seems whenever I do anything more than crack the throttle I am breaking the speed limit anyways.(by crack the throttle I mean have slight pressure on the play in the throttle) :ohmy:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.