need starter chain......tired of kickstart

• kz750bobberz
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
17 Jun 2012 18:22 #529926 by kz750bobberz
need starter chain......tired of kickstart was created by kz750bobberz
hello i am tired of kickstarting my bike(i am not a big dude so its a lot of effort to kickstart) i am still working on tuning the idle and its tiring kickstarting it everytime it dies because the idle still isnt adjusted right i have a 79 kz750 twin and i pulled the side case and notice the reason the starter doesnt start the bike is because someone removed the chain from it.....idk why????? But i wired a starter solenoid i bought to the starter motor and the starter motor itself does turn so i know the starter is good. does anyone know where i can get the correct chain(or part number) for the starter and if there is anything else i need to know before i buy a starter chain.....or any addition parts i should buy while doing the starter chain.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jun 2012 01:55 #530032 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic need starter chain......tired of kickstart
Make sure the starter clutch is still installed. Some people have had bad experiences with them and take them out along with the chain.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
18 Jun 2012 05:11 #530051 by faffi
Replied by faffi on topic need starter chain......tired of kickstart
You will find tales about them here www.armbell.com/kz400/index.php?mforum=kz400 that will also tell you how it can be fixed.

1977 KZ650B1
1980 F1 engine
B1 3-phase alternator
B1 Points ignition

• kz750bobberz
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Jun 2012 22:44 #531347 by kz750bobberz
Replied by kz750bobberz on topic need starter chain......tired of kickstart
it has starter clutch but my main question is i cant seem to find a part number or a place that sells the chain??? any ides z1 doesnt have it and i called and i google search and found nothing coming up matching starter chain for a 750 twin.

More
23 Jun 2012 23:42 #531358 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic need starter chain......tired of kickstart

kz750bobberz wrote: it has starter clutch but my main question is i cant seem to find a part number or a place that sells the chain??? any ides z1 doesnt have it and i called and i google search and found nothing coming up matching starter chain for a 750 twin.

kawasaki.com parts diagram shows part number 21070-010 for the starter chain.

Here's a link for help with navigating the kawasaki.com website to find information such as parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc.

kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=13&id=376734

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD