Power power out of my CSR 305

More
08 May 2012 00:31 #520631 by Downoninit
Power power out of my CSR 305 was created by Downoninit
I have a CSR 305 and it really doesn't like to go over 45 mph, I think it may be because it's so windy here in Kansas. It has gone 65 once, that put a nice smile on my face. I would like it to stay around that speed all the time if I could, or even faster would be great. Anything that you know would help please post.
[attachment:1]060911172845.jpg[/attachment]

1981 CSR 305
Wichita, KS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2012 02:03 #520643 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Power power out of my CSR 305
If it's the bike in your avatar that we're talking about, then the first step is to install a set of Superbike handlebars, that will get your hands and arms down and get you leaning forward a bit to reduce your frontal area. A full fairing (like on the sportbikes) would be best, but a handlebar mounted fairing is better than nothing. And make sure the engine is tuned and the tires aired properly. If you air the tires to the max as stated on the sidewall you'll go faster, but handling and ride will suffer.

KD9JUR
The following user(s) said Thank You: Downoninit

More
08 May 2012 11:22 #520697 by Downoninit
Replied by Downoninit on topic Power power out of my CSR 305
Yes, the bike used as my avatar, I tried posting a pic, but it didn't work right.
Iam looking for a nice set of bars, and I think I may have to make a fairing so it'll fit right. My light is a 6 1/2 and they didn't make alot of those.

1981 CSR 305
Wichita, KS