Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 07:51 #388344

• trianglelaguna
  • trianglelaguna's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
  • Thank you received: 235
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThis should probably go into the e-bay c-list thread...
Anyone ever used or heard of this exact pipe?

I did however think it may have enough interest and replies to possibly stand alone as a exhaust topic...

This fellow makes some serious claims and if true ,I would think I would be a fool to not get one of his exhausts....or am I"being" a fool now???? :P

I will also post a link to the e-bay auction...but for now I wanted to paste the add to preserve it in case the auction times out or gets deleted...I am not advertising for this seller...I am simply writing this in hopes to see what folks here at KZR with the awesome amount of experience pooled here, might know about write about this "wonder pipe"...I know there have been designs like this in the past and am sure comparsions will be made ,but, my main topic is this exact pipe...

He claims...:huh:

What you are looking at is the powerful MX1 (dual megaphone, runs under the center stand) X-PIPEtm exhaust system in high temp black paint, or you can pay an additional amount (usually about $225.00) to have your exhaust chrome plated. Otherwise, this listing is for the system in black, high temp paint only. Email me for more infos.

The exhaust that you are looking at is the most sophisticated racing exhaust design in existence. It is hand built by the inventor of the real X-PIPEtm exhaust; the exhaust design used by all NASCAR racers. This one is light years beyond what NASCAR uses. It is so powerful that it is patented (U.S. Pat. No. 4,800,719). No 4into1 is patented.

This exhaust is the ultimate design for performance (it has three powerbands: 4,000 8,000 and 12,000 rpm). It boosts low end by 40% [4into1s lose 8% here] and boosts 8,000 rpm power by 8% [4into1s only gain 1% here]. No 4into1 even comes close to this kind of power. It is a bottom end pipe. It is also a top end pipe.

Please don't confuse this incredible X-PIPEtm exhaust with an ordinary UFO (Universal Four into One: Kerker, Yosh, VHR, whatever) exhaust. UFOs only have one powerband and sacrifice 8% power at 4,000 rpm to gain only 1% power at 8,000 rpm, even with a $600 jet kit. Even a free UFO is no bargain. So, after you buy that UFO, you're used to spending $600 to buy a jet kit, and spending another $100 to $600 to have it installed, what do you get besides lost low end power? How about bad gas mileage? All jet kits include BIGGER JETS!
My X-PIPE brand exhaust is different. It needs no jet kit, so you save at least $700 to $1,200, instantly. It increases your 4,000 rpm power by an amazing 40%! But, even more than that, it increases your fuel economy. That's right, no jet kit & improve your mpg, instantly.
If your motorcycle already has a jet kit installed, don't worry, my X-PIPEtm will work with a jet kit, you just don't need a jet kit for my X-PIPEtm to do its magic. You will not have to go to a bigger jet kit (i.e. stage 1 to 2, or 5 to 6). You can use the one that you have. Included with each X-PIPEtm are detailed instructions on how to set your air/fuel mixture, and they apply to any jet kit. So, no matter the jet kit, my X-PIPEtm will give you the most power and use the least fuel to do it.

This is the best Road race exhaust and the best Drag race exhaust design for these Kawasakis. It weighs under 10#. That's lighter than a titanium UFO. It gives 1 1/2" more ground clearance than a UFO, so you lower your Drag bike more. You can not rub this exhaust on the ground in Road racing corners. Even if you drop the bike, the exhaust will usually escape unscratched. It'll pay for itself many times over.

But, don't take my word for it. Listen to what others have to say.

"After trying the MX1 X-PIPEtm exhaust, I gave my Kerker away." Ed Green, San Bernardino, CA

"I've had other pipes. This X-PIPEtm exhaust has more midrange and top end than any other. It has good ground clearance. It works very well." Phil, Newport Beach, CA

"I had a $300.00 Bassani 4into1 on my Z-1. I tried the MX3 X-PIPEtm exhaust. When it outperformed the Bassani - I bought it!" Don Honeyfield, Colton, CA

"I had a custom 4into1 exhaust on my other Kawasaki. I was sold on it, until I tried the Maxi-X-PIPEtm exhaust. No other pipe has ever made this kind of improvment." Randy Manthe, Ontario, CA

"I really like this system. Jetting is not required. Very crisp. I can't even see where jetting improvement could improve on it. The stock system had its low rpm misses. This system seemed to remove that flat spot. the performance improvement over stock was exceptional. It bolted right on, a very serviceable unit. Much quicker rpm, much faster. It ran through the gears much faster. It was much smoother erverywhere. the system all-in-all performs very well. I'm happy with it." Mechanic, Pomona Honda

"That thing works neat. Bitch'n bottom end. It works excellent. Good throttle response. It's a good system. It really works." Mechanic, Pomona Yamaha

"We're absolutely ecstatic over your X-PIPEtm exhaust system. We just bolted it onto a 900 Kawasaki and it is just amazing. I just wanted you to know we are absolutely amazed at how well it works. Congratulations, you've got a super product and we're going to sell a lot of them." Ken's Cycle Service, Hermosa Beach, CA

The X-PIPEtm exhaust is a real power house.

This is the only aftermarket exhaust that does not use scavenge to create huge performance gains. Scavenge does not work on high flow cylinder heads, due to their propensity to overscavenge; raw air fuel is sucked out the tail pipe, reducing dynamic cylinder pressure and requiring re-jetting to make up for lost fuel. See www.x-pipe.com/Scavenge.html

This is the only aftermarket exhaust that does not require rejetting for stock applications. Even with modifications, no expensive jet kit is needed; only the main jet needs to be changed. See www.x-pipe.com/Scavenge.html

This exhaust is NEW. The MX1 (dual megaphone) is a 5 pcs racing design that costs a great deal more to make than 1 pcs, UFO systems. It is more durable than a 1 pcs. Any headpipe can be replaced individually.

If you are running a stock airbox, you do not need to rejet at all with this exhaust. If you are running individual air filters and/or a modified engine, you need only go up on the main jets. No jet kit needed, ever!

Winner of this X-PIPEtm exhaust system action will pick one of the following three MX1 (dual megaphone, blocks center stand) exhaust kits:
Kit A: MXI-K - Z-1, KZ900, KZ1000, or
Kit B: MXI-KZ - GPZ1100
Kit C: MXI-K6 - KZ750, GPZ750, KZ650
List price is $579.95.
This is new stock. All kits are hi temp black painted. To have your system chrome plated, please add the above amount to your purchase price. Please specify your choice when you email Monty, above.

NOTE: for MX1, once installed, headpipe angle relative to the collector slip joints prevent the headpipes from slipping out of the collector assembly. As a safety precaution, it is recommended that Stainless screws are used to prevent headpipe slip out.

NOTE: If you want to know more about why scavenge will not work with modern, high flow cylinder heads, read about the Urban Legends of Scavenge, please go to www.x-pipe.com/Scavenge.html

Email seller for questions.

Baffles are included, and are removable. This exhaust makes a very unusual, powerful sound. It has the NASCAR snarl, but it is very deep and powerful sounding. One factory driver at a Laguna Seca Super Bike race said that when this exhaust came up behind him, it really made him nervious. It is very intimidating. But, the sound does not travel very far, because of the two outlets. The sound emitted from the two outlets is 180 degrees out of phase, so the sound waves begin to cancel each other at about 50' or so. At the Laguna Seca race we were able to pass sound specs without using baffles. Instead, we used two "reversion rings" that actually boost power output, instead of baffles. The other guys, running 4into1s, complained. They thought it was unfair, that they had to run baffles to meet sound specs, when we didn't. Oh, well, they had all of that factory money instead. Maybe the X-PIPEtm exhaust helped level the playing field just a little.

This is a hand built exhaust. This is no ordinary hand built 4into1. It'll murder any 4into1 ever made.

Monty:
First of all, thanks for prompt shipping. I received the X-PIPEtm exhaust yesterday and my curiosity got the better of me. I put them on my "rat" xs650 bike this a.m. I took it for a brief ride. The wind-up between 2500 and 5500 rpm is nothing short of astonishing!! The tach needle literally jumps. I can barely get the throttle open and I am out of RPM.
Thanks,
Matt W., Los Alamitos, CA

To see U.S. Patents covering this exhaust system:
>
See U.S. Patent No. 4,800,719

See U.S. Patent No. 4,953,352

To learn more about why REAL X-PIPEtm exhaust technology works, go to www.x-pipe.com/Scavenge.html

Copyright 2005, Monty A. Campbell, all rights reserved.
X-PIPEtm is a trademark owned by Monty A. Campbell

" I've owned my 1974 Kawasaki 900 Z-1A from the day it was new. Tried a few different exhausts. Finally tried Dr. Campbell's X-PIPEtm exhaust. Wow!!! They really woke the old girl up! Would not trade these pipes for a 4-1 system for anything. Power over entire RPM range increased by a lot and WITHOUT rejetting! It doesn't get any better than that! In addition, they sound great without being obnoxiously loud. I can finally ride without earplugs."
Larry K., Simi Valley, CA.

"I purchased one (Suzuki Campbell X-PIPEtm exhaust) last year and it was chrome. I would like a black one. I really love this pipe it is great and a lot of fun. It really sounds like no other pipe. Yes you can use my comments. Like I said this pipe is great."
T. Reinhard, PA.

"I've tried at least 10 exhaust brands. My lap times dropped 4 seconds with the MX3 (Campbell X-PIPEtm). 4 seconds is a lot of lengths when you're doing 130 mph!"
D. Paramore, Palos Verdes, CA.

"I entered my stock 600 Ninja in the '87 IDBA MRE Supernationals. Results were an F/SS CLASS WIN and 2 NATIONAL RECORDS! All with NO gear changes, NO wheelie bars, NO air shifter, NO smoothbores, NOT EVEN REJETTING, JUST YOUR MX3!! I plan on more IDBA wins and tearing up the local dragstrip.
Thank You." Scott Grigaliunas, Kenton, OH.
"P.S. My records still stand and I just won Class Eliminator at the IDBA Sunshine Nationals." (From letter sent in 1987. REAL, Campbell X-PIPEtm exhaust technology began in 1982. Nothing else comes close.)

"I saw an MX3 take an FZ1000R from 11.20's to 10.80's. So, I put an MX3 on my hurricane 1000. Even though I weight 255 lbs., I went .3 sec. quicker instantly! The MX3 gave it more power and instant throttle response. Everyone says that they have never seen a stock Hurricane run like mine. After I beat my brother's modified FJ1100, which I couldn't do before, he bought an MX3. This must be how MX3 fever spreads!"
Sincerely, Ben Tate, Lake Ridge, VA.

MX3, you've ruined my social life. I bought your MX3 one week ago, for my newly purchased 1980 GS1100 with stock carbs and airbox. Already I beat a Ninja 1000, a GS1150 with VHR 4into1, a GS1100 with 33 smoothbores and VHR 4into1, a GSXR1100 and a GS1100 with ported head, 33 smoothbores and VHR 4into1. I'm a 217 poiund truck driver that no one will run. What do I do now?"
Dwight Miller, K.C., MO.

"I was a real doubter. I installed your MX3 without rejetting. My friend has an identical GSXR1100, except his has a professionally installed VHR 4inot1 + 33 smoothbores. When we did roll-ons, I pulled ahead and stayed till 151 mph, when I shut off. Good huh? Especially since I weigh 220 and he weighs 170. I don't know why it works, but it works."
George Wise, Fairbanks, AK

"I had no idea a bolt-on item could make so much difference. A friend and I compared the Campbell Maxi-X-PIPEtm to a stock exhaust on 2 KZ750 box stock roadracers. The slower one, mine, now equipped with the X-PIPEtm, consistently pulled away from my friend's KZ750 by 7 lengths in a 5th gear roll-on at the Willow Springs Raceway straightaway."
Mark Shelton, (Box Stock Champion) High Desert Kawasaki
1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by trianglelaguna.

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 08:49 #388354

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
that one is a campbell.
to get the best x-pipe, you need a murry.
i have a campbell for the 650 hanging in the garage.
a friend has one on his big bore bike.
pita to change the oil since you need to remove it but he swears by it and it has a very unique sound.

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.
Attachments:

Last edit: by kawsakiman.

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 09:18 #388357

• Jack
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
X2 on Murray pipes, although Dennis doesn't make them anymore, very fine headers and unique sound.
79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 09:47 #388360

• kawsakiman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Jack wrote:

X2 on Murray pipes, although Dennis doesn't make them anymore, very fine headers and unique sound.

i have spoken to him and he says he would make them if he had an order of 10 or more. he still has the jig but it's not worth it to him to make just one.
i've been trying to get people who will commit so we can place an order.
any takers?
they will be black though. we would have to have them chromed ourselfs.
someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 10:01 #388363

• Kidkawie
  • User
  • I bleed premix
  • Thank you received: 245
kawsakiman wrote:

Jack wrote:

i have spoken to him and he says he would make them if he had an order of 10 or more. he still has the jig but it's not worth it to him to make just one.
any takers?

How much?
1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 10:06 #388364

• TerryK
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
Those are some serious claims! If he wasn't so overzealous in his claims I would maybe be interested, but the wild (imo) exaggerations send up the red flags. Tone it down bro.

I also noticed that many of his "customer responses" are from the early 80s! lol
1977 KZ1000
GSXR swingarm and rear brake
WM6 rear Akront rim
Wiseco 1075c pistons
33 smoothbores
stage 3 Web Cams
Head porting
Dyna S ignition
Lockhart oil cooler
Wiseco header

1980 Z1R drag bike
1200cc
38 Flatslides, .
500' cams
7" slick
Dyan 4000 SP ignition
etc

Ontario, Canada

Last edit: by TerryK.

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 12:01 #388392

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
I would be interested in Murray pipe if they will fit 81-82 "J" bikes.bj

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 12:15 #388395

• Jack
  • User
  • Thank you received: 7
Ok, I'll bite - How much? BJ,a Murray will fit your 81-82 J or any 73-85 Z/KZ head as far as I know.
79 KZ 1075 MKll
79 KZ 1500 MKll dragbike
Gone but not forgotten:
3 X 73 Z1's
1 X 74 Z1A
1 X 75 Z1B

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 15:21 #388423

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 175
Having ridden a bike with the Murray pipe on (without baffles), I found it to be way too loud for me... I was going to take the bike for a decent ride, but 100 yards down the road I turned around and gave the bike back... stupid loud. Instant headache stuff...

bear in mind I run a turbo bike that doesn't have a baffle in the pipe - and that's fairly loud, but the Murray pipe was obnoxious
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 15:22 #388424

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 300
kawsakiman wrote:

Jack wrote:

any takers?

OK...I'm already in trouble with my wife...I also echo the question...how much?
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 15:27 #388427

• hocbj23
  • Visitor
I cant hear worth a sh-- anyway so I sure dont want a pipe that is obnoxious.Low,loud rumble-mucho ok.Loud obnoxious noise-- not ok .bj

X-pipe the ultimate exhaust???? ADD! 05 Aug 2010 15:32 #388429

• Patton
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 2098
Calling B.S. until see bonafide dyno test results. B)

Good Fortune! :)
1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD