Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

sleeve installation 15 Dec 2021 21:28 #859155

• Darmah
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2
I love watching Allan Millyards videos. He's an absolute genius and makes everything look so easy. Check out his 1600cc V8 Z1 and other brilliand projects.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

sleeve installation 18 Dec 2021 07:21 #859255

• Ian_B
  • User
  • Thank you received: 12
It's interesting to see which engines he picks to work on. I think he started with the Kawasaki 2 stroke triples, and then moved on to 900's / 1000's. To my knowledge, he hasn't done the same to what i thought would be the perfect motor for turning into a straight 6, a Z650. Then I realised that the problem would be with the crank; the 2 strokes and the 900/1000's all had pressed together cranks, the 650 (and damn Kawasaki to hell for this) is a solid forging with splt conrods. This makes the conversion a whole lot more complex!

A 1000/6 is on my long term "to do" list. The crank is still do-able, but a lot more work than it would otherwise have been.

Whatever, his videos are true genius.

sleeve installation 03 Jan 2022 10:16 #859977

• u.k. Dave
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
A friend if mine steam cleaned his block outside a few years ago and once done he turned round to switch off the machine only to hear a loud clanging noise behind him. Spinning round quickly to see what the noise was he was horrified to see three if his liners had just dropped out!