Re-installing cams?

More
28 Mar 2010 17:33 #356799 by Link14
Replied by Link14 on topic Re-installing cams?
Hi Polkat,

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I was moving my daughter back to CU. Here's a scan from the manual. Hope it helps.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2010 18:38 - 28 Mar 2010 18:41 #356807 by polkat
Replied by polkat on topic Re-installing cams?
Thanks Link14, yea, that helps a lot! That's pretty much what I have, but I feel a lot better seeing it!

Motor Head, the cam lobe tips are pointing away from each other (horizontally) at No. 1, and toward each other (also horizontally) at No. 4. No's 2 and 3 are pointed away from each other vertically. The timing marks are set at "T" 1-4.

I'm going to button this up tomorrow, so does that still sound right to you folks?

Thanks all for the help!
Last edit: 28 Mar 2010 18:41 by polkat.

More
28 Mar 2010 20:31 #356832 by Injected
Replied by Injected on topic Re-installing cams?
In the second picture (close up of the sprockets) the exhaust looks OK, but the intake is one tooth off... unbolt the intake and rotate till the hash mark lines up with the top of the head, then you should be OK... it will run the way you have it but it won't run right.

More
28 Mar 2010 21:35 #356844 by polkat
Replied by polkat on topic Re-installing cams?
Whoops, I should have explained. The exhaust cam is torqued down, but the intake cam is still loose, and sitting up high because the lobes are just resting on the buckets. Once torqued down, it should be even with the head.