Mr. Turbo versus KZone??

More
30 Jan 2010 18:39 #345471 by Ituen
Replied by Ituen on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
I'm going the turbo route with my bike. (I'll keep everyone posted).

1982 KZ750 E
Kawasaki Rider

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Jan 2010 18:44 #345473 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
make sure your using forged low compression pistons a good crank and an excellent ignition system a dyna 2000 on the street or a dyna 4000sp if your racing it, you will need to keep the fires lit with all that extra air your about to pump into the system. and follow mr. turbo's instructions to the letter terry kizer has been doing this for a very long time and knows his stuff.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE

More
30 Jan 2010 21:31 #345500 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
Yeah man, lengthy reply. I just got back today from the dealer and I am glad I didn't get that zx14. I couldn't put myself in those shoes. I can't believe that I am so attached to my z. I am going to post plenty of pics of her in the next coming weeks. I think the powdercoated frame and stainless bolts and all that polished aluminum along with everything else is gonna look real purdy. Now if I didn't get blisters from the typing I guauntee you I is about to erase my fingertips for the next few weeks from all of the polishing I gunna do on her. She gunna look real purdy. Get er dun!
Just look at it like this...either you put the money in to the bike or not but if you have to think about it then you are ready for much more thinking and at one point you will wonder why you spent so much time and effort thinking. Just go the turbo route and go through all of the growing pains everyone else has had to go through and don't count your pennies and dimes spent. Just forget it man it is a full blown addiction that you can't account for and if your wife asks you, you have no idea how much you spent because it just doesn't matter. It will cost what it costs once you get started.

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
31 Jan 2010 04:56 #345524 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
What did the stock turbo bikes have done extra? dif pistons,welded cranks, frame bracing????

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

More
31 Jan 2010 07:58 #345556 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
what they didnt have done was their biggest issue: a welded crank and a good carb! :laugh: remember a turbo motor is force fed so it doesnt need big cams,big valves ,big carbs,fancy valve train parts...... a solid bottem end with a welded crak and main cap brace is the secret.even with stock pistons and stock head with good valve job and stock cams you can run a few pounds of boost and still have more than a stone stock chassis can deal with on a motor that will idle like stock and run on pump gas with low boost. B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
31 Jan 2010 08:25 #345563 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
timebomb33 wrote:

i have often found when people are estimating costs on project they should automaticly take the number they came up with and then double it and add 50% that should get you in the ball park

just dont think about the cost,life is so much easier without stressing over little things! :woohoo: happy little clouds!

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

More
31 Jan 2010 08:46 #345574 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
PLUMMEN wrote:

what they didnt have done was their biggest issue: a welded crank and a good carb! :laugh: remember a turbo motor is force fed so it doesnt need big cams,big valves ,big carbs,fancy valve train parts...... a solid bottem end with a welded crak and main cap brace is the secret.even with stock pistons and stock head with good valve job and stock cams you can run a few pounds of boost and still have more than a stone stock chassis can deal with on a motor that will idle like stock and run on pump gas with low boost. B)

My old Z1 (1200cc) with a turbo on it was not very easy to ride with the old Zenith carb provided in the ATP kits. Switching this out to a modern HSR42 carb made a world of different.

I can attest to frame bracing is needed. I can feel the frame flexing under full power at 80+mph. The previous owner did some limited frame bracing, but not good enough for that kind of power.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
More
31 Jan 2010 09:26 #345584 by mark1122
Replied by mark1122 on topic Mr. Turbo versus KZone??
PLUMMEN wrote:

Thats what i thought. i have never read anything about the turbo bikes having any extras. Very week thinking on Kawi's part. they knew there race bikes couldnt handle added power, so they give power to the public without anything to suport it. kinda like the widow maker H2 on steroids.lol:woohoo:

76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)