Need Help post re-build!!! Desperate!!

More
07 Aug 2009 04:43 #312163 by Beatpoet
Replied by Beatpoet on topic Need Help post re-build!!! Desperate!!
I did the same thing when I got my KZ1000 - freaked out that the kickstart didn't feel like it was turning the engine at all.

Fortunately, this forum reminded me that you leave the clutch alone when kickstarting.

:whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• IowaKZ
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
More
07 Aug 2009 05:37 #312169 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic Need Help post re-build!!! Desperate!!
Beatpoet wrote:

I did the same thing when I got my KZ1000 - freaked out that the kickstart didn't feel like it was turning the engine at all.

Fortunately, this forum reminded me that you leave the clutch alone when kickstarting.

:whistle:

yeah, it's really great to have a group that really knows these bikes. I can't remember everything, but I can come here and look around and eventually I find what I need.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to contribute as much as I have gained. Guess I need a few more miles before I will feel comfortable giving my .02 worth.

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
07 Aug 2009 06:14 #312173 by Link14
Replied by Link14 on topic Need Help post re-build!!! Desperate!!
Glad you were able to get it started, those things can be very frustrating. The last time I put together the 750 after changing out some valve shims, she over-revved big time. It took me a while to figure out I hadn't put the vacuum line back on #4 carb and it was sucking air. Felt pretty dumb, but was glad it was something simple.

• IowaKZ
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '80 G1 Classic
More
07 Aug 2009 07:57 #312189 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic Need Help post re-build!!! Desperate!!
yea, I didn't want to work anymore last night, but I think when I put the throttle line back on the fuel rail I got it too tight. I didn't know where to set it so I just put it on with the intention of adjusting it later.

It's raining pretty hard right now, so nothing to do tonight but tinker (an clean up the garage).:cheer:

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa