Got it back from the shop, more needs to be done..

More
27 Mar 2009 18:40 #275909 by keith1
hugo wrote:

For me the pain is not carb disassembling and cleaning. That's easy. It is dismounting them from the bike and mounting them back the hard part. You, of course, can do it, but if not mechanically inclined, nor feeling confortable, may be good idea letting somebody else do it.

he has pods...no airbox...the easy part with pods is on and off....ive had my bike less than a year
and i ve had my carbs off 5+ times....the only part that takes time is throttle cables and with the right ones, its a ten minute segment of the whole deal....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Mar 2009 19:14 - 27 Mar 2009 19:20 #275926 by Patton
With manual slide carbs, I find it easier to remove the throttle cables when done while the carbs are out of the holders and pulled slightly toward the right side of bike.

Same when re-attaching the cables. Do so with the carbs almost but not quite in place behind the holders (where the throttle cable ends are more easily accessible), tighten the little cable adjuster nuts, and then push the carbs fully behind and on into the holders.

It also helps to smear a little silicone lube (or Armoral) inside the holders and around outside of the carb ends to ease sliding carbs into the holders.

I also use a wooden pry stick (such as a plant stake, or Dracula killer stake) behind the carbs to push them into place inside the holders.

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 27 Mar 2009 19:20 by Patton.

More
27 Mar 2009 21:45 #275967 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Got it back from the shop, more needs to be done..
Locozuna wrote:

I got to say I'm not too comfortable with carb cleaner sitting in my carbs for a few days. Maybe it's just me.

I don't think it hurts it to let it sit in the float bowls. Not necessarily a good idea to soak a whole carburetor in aggressive cleaners that might eat plastic or rubber.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
28 Mar 2009 02:06 #276001 by meNmyKZ
k, i am trying to figure out how to post pics, sry it i have to post a million times....

More
28 Mar 2009 02:08 #276002 by meNmyKZ
Wow, I think it worked first try. If so, there is my ride. A little muddy from a accidental off road trip, but thats her...