Liska camguide parts and valve cover fitment?

More
10 Mar 2009 17:01 #271000 by Samwell
I've had my project running last summer (finally!). Anyway this winter when I did some maintenance I found a nuisance of a problem. I have all of the cam chain guide parts replaced with the Liska equivalent for reliability. The top chain guide is taller than the OEM counterpart. I couldn't get the valve cover off to adjust the valves with out removing the carbs to slide the cover down the back side of the cylinder block.

anyone else seen this? Can I machine the top of the cover for more clearance? Or am I just missing something?

the project is a 1978 KZ1000A2.

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2009 17:08 #271001 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Liska camguide parts and valve cover fitment?
"I couldn't get the valve cover off to adjust the valves with out removing the carbs to slide the cover "....

Nope, same here... I just loosen my intake clamps, slide the carbs back about an inch or two and with the valve cover, come off the back side as you have mentioned....

NOTE: I don't take the carbs completely off, just slide them back a little.... I have Keihin 29mm CR Specials so may be different than your setup....

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
11 Mar 2009 03:24 #271121 by Samwell
Replied by Samwell on topic Liska camguide parts and valve cover fitment?
Old Man Rock wrote:
[quoteNope, same here... I just loosen my intake clamps, slide the carbs back about an inch or two and with the valve cover, come off the back side as you have mentioned....

NOTE: I don't take the carbs completely off, just slide them back a little.... I have Keihin 29mm CR Specials so may be different than your setup....

OMR[/quote]

Thanks for the help, at least I'm not losing my mind!

Sam

--
Current Rides: 2013 BMW R1200GSW, 1972 BMW R75/5
Current Project: 1978 KZ1000A2: Supercrank'd by Falicon, APE studs and nuts, Dyna Green coils, powder coated frame and fenders, Stainless brake lines, dual front discs, pods, Kerker Exhaust, 1075cc with JE pistons