KZ750 CSR Twin project...

• kneeslider16
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
09 Mar 2009 22:42 - 09 Mar 2009 23:05 #270843 by kneeslider16
KZ750 CSR Twin project... was created by kneeslider16
Hey, I have a KZ750 twin I have been working on...had the carbs professionally rebuilt and jetted, got many wiring issues sorted, painted it....had it running before I sent the carbs off to be rebuilt, but ran bad.. so I sent them off... Now, it runs slightly better... but still pops through the carbs if you tB) ry to rev it up, only really runs if the choke is on... and gets really hot, really quick......

I have spent endless hours on this bike, love it, have many, have had many, and plan to keep this one, but cant figure whats up... the timing on these bikes, from what I have seen seems to be set... so I am at a loss as it seems like timing issues to me...

The bike has some miles, and I am willing to rebuild the motor if I have to, but it has great compresion and I dont think I should have to...although the bike has LOTS of valve train noise.... is this normal?...

How do you adjust the cam chain tensioner... whats the correct adjustment procedure?!
What are the valve clearances and procedure for adjusting the valves?...

What should I do?.... Does anyone know of a reasonably priced place to send the motor for a rebuild or where to find a engine rebuild kit... or big bore kit?...

Thanks, -RObert
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Mar 2009 23:05 by kneeslider16.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2009 13:37 - 10 Mar 2009 13:48 #270950 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic KZ750 CSR Twin project...
kneeslider16 wrote:

Hey, I have a KZ750 twin I have been working on...had the carbs professionally rebuilt and jetted, got many wiring issues sorted, painted it....had it running before I sent the carbs off to be rebuilt, but ran bad.. so I sent them off... Now, it runs slightly better... but still pops through the carbs if you try to rev it up, only really runs if the choke is on... and gets really hot, really quick......

That sounds like it is running very lean. I would look for a vacuum leak. If you have an aftermarket pipe, it may need to have richer jets or a richer needle position to run right. Do you know what jets are in there now? The stock ones for the 750t are usually 45 pilot and 125 main. Mine definitely runs better with a 50 pilot.

Also check valve clearance and timing.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 10 Mar 2009 13:48 by bountyhunter.

More
10 Mar 2009 13:47 #270955 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic KZ750 CSR Twin project...
This is a website on all if not Kawasaki twin engined bikes.

www.armbell.com/forum/index.php?mforum=kz400

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
12 Mar 2009 23:34 #271532 by grace1
Replied by grace1 on topic KZ750 CSR Twin project...
just a thought mate try your butterfly synch screw
i had a similiar prob ran ok sort of on choke etc but no good ,tried everthing ,was told to synch the butterflies and hey presto can now get both sides to run even ,it only takes a slight turn to alter idle and buttreflies ,amazed me i went through rebuilds etc had them dipped in cleaner baths blown out etc etc ,showed them to a bike guru mechanic and he said he thought the right was just a slight bit late opening, mine are bs38 i think yours are different but i think the idle butterfly adj is the same ,good luck ,chk out the other ideas though could be a list of probs ,
cheeers graemeB)

bendigo australia, gold mine country
MY COLLECTION 1978 B3 KZ750 AND 1980 GS1000G