HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!

• sully73
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • throttle till you see GOD, then brake.
More
03 Jun 2008 13:02 #217683 by sully73
HOLY BLEEP BLEEP! was created by sully73
ok as some of you have seen in other posts, ive been having a run of crappy luck with the new 1000 ltd i bought. all i can say is i will never bad mouth your beloved kzs again. i got the motor in, cracked the petcock, two rotations she came alive and holy shit this thing is fast! ive ridden 600 crotch rockets that wouldnt have a prayer against this thing. its got old oil in it, so i only got to take it outside of town and back in to make sure i didnt have to drain out $9 a quart oil and that was enuff to make me a believer. thank you for the guys that stuck through my tirades and doubts. i need more, heading to get oil!

81 kz1000 ltd
72 cb750 chop

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Jun 2008 13:31 #217688 by mariozappa
Replied by mariozappa on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
I love a happy ending!

1977 KZ650C1
and the KZ650/KZ750 Conversion ;)

More
03 Jun 2008 14:21 #217695 by KZErider
Replied by KZErider on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
Great news, man! So it does seem to have turned out to be easier and quicker. Good on ya!:cheer: :woohoo:

81 KZ750E2(project), 81 KZ750E2(parts donor), 87 BMW K 75C - got it runnin, didn't care for it, holding for family member, 79 CB650(project) Nomad 1700, VStar 950

More
03 Jun 2008 14:59 - 03 Jun 2008 15:01 #217703 by Makarth
Replied by Makarth on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
:woohoo: it's what i thought too when i got mine running correctly. These old things are frickin muscle bikes.

edit: it will give new meaning to your little quote under your avatar.

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)
Last edit: 03 Jun 2008 15:01 by Makarth.

More
03 Jun 2008 15:44 - 03 Jun 2008 15:46 #217712 by hillbilly02
Replied by hillbilly02 on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
your right it will eat up 600's and surprize 750's too!!! not bad for a 500lbs bike with less than 100hp. my buddy couldn't figure out why i wanted such an old bike as he would say,he owns a 07 sv1000 i told him i'am gettin to old for wheelies and i just got a soft spot for the old kz's and i love the way they sound he thought i was nuts till we switched bike's during a ride cause (his back and ass was killing him) now he knows what i was talking about!!plus the fact he's got over 600 in his exhast and the old kz has a much meaner growl than his, when we go ridin everybody lookin at the old kz (thinkin what the heck is that) i love it and so will you!!!!have fun and ride safe. p.s i like your bike i also have a soft spot for all black and chrome.
Last edit: 03 Jun 2008 15:46 by hillbilly02.

More
03 Jun 2008 16:03 - 03 Jun 2008 16:09 #217714 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
I don't know what you are smoking. Put me on a 600 and I guarantee you that it will run a kaw down. However, I wouldn't be caught dead on one unless my brother lent me his when I was in California. The new bikes are super fast and ride really nice but are not family friendly or easy on the wrists. LOL Unless the kz has been worked on it won't beat the new bikes. Mine has a gear 29s and electronic ignition and I thought for sure I would smoke my brothers can a tuna 750 and it never happened no matter how hard I hit it. But it sure feels much faster and that is what is good. Real speed without the feel of real speed is very dangerous. My .02

I just know they are going to get me for child abuse if and when I have children with all the beating my poor family jewels took riding my brother's bikes. I pulled a wheelie on one smacked me good somehow. Once I sat on his bike and somehow hurt myself really bad to the point I almost threw up. And then there was the gsxr 1000 stupid fast bike that I rode from LA to Laguna Beach and swore I would never give birth again or even have the use of my hands. Where is the fun in that if you can't ride more than 40 miles without all the abuse?!

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200
Last edit: 03 Jun 2008 16:09 by saxjonz.

More
03 Jun 2008 19:30 #217753 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
sully73 wrote:

ok as some of you have seen in other posts, ive been having a run of crappy luck with the new 1000 ltd i bought. all i can say is i will never bad mouth your beloved kzs again. i got the motor in, cracked the petcock, two rotations she came alive and holy shit this thing is fast! ive ridden 600 crotch rockets that wouldnt have a prayer against this thing. its got old oil in it, so i only got to take it outside of town and back in to make sure i didnt have to drain out $9 a quart oil and that was enuff to make me a believer. thank you for the guys that stuck through my tirades and doubts. i need more, heading to get oil!

The Kawashakies of that era had all the competitors wetting their pants. I remember in 1980 or 1981, the Kaw GPZ1100 was the first factory bike to run under 11 seconds in the quarter mile in stock trim (ran a 10.88). The KZ1000's were fast and reliable, that's wht the CHP and most police departments adopted them for service.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
03 Jun 2008 22:25 #217791 by fordtruck
Replied by fordtruck on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
As much as I love my 77KZ1000, I'm sorry but it won't outrun a modern 600. I've spent most of my riding time on 600 crotch rockets. My last was an 03 636 Ninja. It would definitely eat my KZ. But I got rid of the rice rockets and couldn't be happier on my KZ! They are still very fast bikes and my arms and back are much happier now too!

'77 KZ1000-MTC 1075 kit. Stage 1 port

• sully73
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • throttle till you see GOD, then brake.
More
04 Jun 2008 07:29 #217829 by sully73
Replied by sully73 on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
ive havent been on a rocket newer than about 01, the new bikes may be faster than that one. but i have a hard time thinking anything smaller that a 750-800 would make me look stupid. they may take me in the long run, but in the quarter, i think this will hold its own. but if they beat me on my 27 year old stock bike, and think its a big acomplishment, well so be it. im not much for drag racing anymore anyways, ive figured out im not imortal. it runs great, has a nice ride, and will get out of its own way if needed. thats what i wanted so im not complaining. hillbilly dont get used to the black, ive got a feeling she may get a facelift now that its up and purring.:unsure:

81 kz1000 ltd
72 cb750 chop

More
04 Jun 2008 08:42 #217844 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
Just my two cents worth... & BTW, this is a true story.

On my way back from picking up the love of my life (1976 KZ900-A4) from Las Vegas Nevada and heading back to Phoenix with the bike in the back of my truck. Other than handle bar straps, lokked exactly as in the attached image.

All of a sudden a group of Ducati's pass me well doing 90 - 100mph. They all hit the breaks and come along side the back of the truck sneaking and peaking. In unison, they all gave me a big thumbs up for they knew exactly what I had in the back.

The King of the road in the 70's that was known as the KZ monster that started it all for power, speed & looks.

Even to today's standards, she is one mean ass bitch. The bottom end is a phenominal work horse, for the most part, indestructible. I mean you really have to screw up to blow one of these out.

All in all, there's nothing and I mean nothing that beats a fined tuned KZ 900/1000 with a Kerker on it. That sound is truly unforgettable. Even to this day (first time I heard 1977), I can still here that sound, feel that power.
Truly an mazing machine and I don't care what bike you presently ride, including Harley, we all started on some JAP bike of one sort or another.

Take my wife, take the kids, take the dogs but no friggin way do I part with my KZ for those are fighting terms... B)

Old Man Rock

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Attachments:

• PFC FNG
  • User
  • I've got the sickness!!!
More
04 Jun 2008 13:47 #217893 by PFC FNG
Replied by PFC FNG on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
You can argue about your KZ's, I know my GPZ can beat a 600, a 636 and a 750. There are a couple of punks by my old house with their own little "race team". They decided to lineup with my "junker ;) " And I outran all of them on a 1/4 mile strip. A ninja, a GSXR and a R6 (or R1, whichever has a 600 motor).

I know it would not be any fun if it was easy, but does it have to be this much fun?
84 ZX750 GPZ (Waiting for paint)
Eastpoint, Mi

More
04 Jun 2008 15:08 #217904 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic HOLY BLEEP BLEEP!
Old Man Rock wrote:

The bottom end is a phenominal work horse, for the most part, indestructible. I mean you really have to screw up to blow one of these out.

It seems like today's mentality is "throw away" because nobody cares about that anymore. The new rice rockets are not meant to be bulletproof, just fast. The old ones were built to be both.

1979 KZ-750 Twin