Which exhaust to buy?

More
07 Jan 2008 03:04 #188074 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic Which exhaust to buy?
on the V+H pipe, your supposed to take it to an exhaust shop and hhave the megaphone end opend up so it slips togeather.

my ehaust guy did it for free, it was simple.

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2008 07:09 #188242 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic Which exhaust to buy?
Fordtruck: Here you go: HereYou Go!

Post edited by: KZCSI, at: 2008/01/08 10:47

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

More
12 Jan 2008 03:24 #188825 by KawasakiJockey
Replied by KawasakiJockey on topic Which exhaust to buy?
the best pipe period or it would not be on my baby.
Attachments:

More
12 Jan 2008 07:30 #188849 by Mellvis
Replied by Mellvis on topic Which exhaust to buy?
I'm on my second Kerker on my 650. I lost the first one at my buddy's shop when he closed down (don't store pipes at a buisiness that you know is shutting it's doors!!) My Kerker on the bike now, was put on the bike in about 1980 by my dad. I love the pipe! sounds best under load in 5th gear at about 4000rpm. I've had old V&H pipe, but had a hard time jetting for it. I've heard that from other people too.

Good luck, and welcome!

More
12 Jan 2008 10:28 #188863 by jagrider
Replied by jagrider on topic Which exhaust to buy?
Guys. bought a MAC system the 4 x 2 turn out mufflers off of ebay. I may had 1 that slip through that the mold was not right. The problem was - I had to expand the 4 tubes to get them to fit KZ exhaust ports so now when I went to put them in ( they would not go in the exhaust ports, I had to grind them down to fit in and the turn out mufflers would not mount to the rear foot pegs there was about 4" to 5" gap I would have had to make some traps to mount the mufflers. I install the mufflers on the bike to here them they was stock sounding motor would shut down around 5000 rpm. For a stock bike would maybe be OK on. But thing was really miss up the guy on ebay would not take them back. Mac would not take them - Mac kelp telling me they fit my bike. I told them the muffler would need traps made to fit may bike. I sent MAC pictures of everything they - would not take them back. So there service gets in F from me. So I made them work and made some pipes 24" x 2"1.4 a set a ran them 1.5" behind the seat. This work out well. I always ran open at exhaust. Kerker is good exhaust I herd very goods things about there's. I will say this with out the mufflers if they fit right just the headers to drag race with them on - is very good hp is there.

Post edited by: jagrider, at: 2008/01/12 13:33

Loud pipes save lives.

More
12 Jan 2008 15:51 #188908 by squints
Replied by squints on topic Which exhaust to buy?
Im in the same pickle. I want to upgrade to a 4-1 but my funds are holding me back from a jardine or a kerker..

SO....Whats so bad about Vance Hines? All I read is that they have a "quality" issue, but I never read specific examples of what these "quality" issues are. Any reports? And how about MAC.. any issues with them?
Both MAC and VH allow use of the center stand the access to oil filter, right??

I've been watchin ebay, no luck lately for the kz1000m.:S

traded my classic Kz's for a 2001 Kz1200r

Upstate NY

More
13 Jan 2008 09:23 #189018 by stever
Replied by stever on topic Which exhaust to buy?
I have a V and H on my Z1a Bought off Jeff at z1 enterprise last year, I think the quality is very good ( did I get the last of the old ones? ). I did have problems with slipping the can on as mentioned above but a few minutes with a file sorted it.
It sounds great with out being too loud.
You can change the oil without disturbing the pipe and you can change the oil filter as well although its a bit of a fiddle.
I think its the best looking pipe available and I also heard it made the best power.
I run individual Kand N filters and it definatly needs rejetting. my bike has Z1000 pistons and barrels and a dyna ignition and coils and makes a genuine 75bhp at the rear wheel.
Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2008 09:24 #189019 by stever
another pic
Attachments:

More
13 Jan 2008 09:25 #189020 by stever
side on
Attachments:

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
13 Jan 2008 10:26 #189035 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Which exhaust to buy?
I just bought a V+H for my Z1 $298.00 shipped to my door. Installation was very easy with everything fitting perfectly. With baffle in it is so quiet I could'nt believe it was the same bike. Replaced a 15 year old mac without a baffle. Did need to rejet though. Wanted a Kerker but figured the extra money would be good for dyna ignition. I have a 77 kz650b1 with a 4into2 jardine that is 10 years old or better and sounds close to stock but runs well. If you search well for your new kz you just might find one that already has everything installed and tuned. Good luck and welcome to the kz family. I also have an rd350 two stroke with danco expandtion chambers that sound wicked but is not relevant to this post.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
14 Jan 2008 00:26 #189178 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic Which exhaust to buy?
I have used Mac on a couple of my bikes without any problems. I don't like the way the canister looks so I always cut them off and use something else. On my 80 1000 I used the stock air box and jetting with the Mac. It had a little stumble around 8000 rpm but that was it.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
14 Jan 2008 12:50 #189242 by billz
Replied by billz on topic Which exhaust to buy?
I have an Action Fours header on my KZ900. It was one of the first to use a Supertrapp muffler. In the nearly 30 years I've had it I've never seen another one.

Bill