Starter clutch problems..

More
25 Nov 2007 13:33 #182627 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Starter clutch problems..
He..he..let´s take one thing at a time now should we.

The first aim is to get the engine running propely.
Then I have the breakes, the electric system and the suspension to sort out. Havent even thought of the colors yet..well maybe just a bit.

Post edited by: Arnold, at: 2007/12/20 14:35
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2007 11:48 #185849 by Arnold
Replied by Arnold on topic Starter clutch problems..
Final words:

Well I got everything back togetgher a couple of days ago and the starter clutch works perfect now.
The engine started right up and filled the garage with black smoke. :P

The local dealer could not get me a reno kit so I just replaced the springs with similar ones. The ones I put in was a bit harder. I polished up the rollers and sprocket wiht fine sand paper and put everything back together. Grabs every time now.

The next thing I have to say is that it was surprisingly easy to re-assemble the secondary shaft (with the starter clutch on) with the engine still in the frame. I really saved a lot of time not having to pull the engine out.

I guess a good rule is.
If you only want to replace the strater clutch = Do it with the engine in the frame.

If you want to do other stuff at the same time = Pull the engine out of the frame.

Thanx for your help.

Post edited by: Arnold, at: 2007/12/20 14:54

More
08 Jul 2012 15:38 - 18 Jul 2012 19:30 #534674 by Calico
Replied by Calico on topic Starter clutch problems..
I'm taking on the same job. I was able to tap the secondary shaft out toward the clutch side till I saw the bearing but the sprocket of course stops it from traveling any further. Any ideas on how to get it the rest of the way?

81' KZ750LTD 4 CYL
82' KZ750LTD 4 CYL
Last edit: 18 Jul 2012 19:30 by Calico. Reason: progressed past the point of question

More
09 Jul 2012 14:59 #534850 by kopcicle
Replied by kopcicle on topic Starter clutch problems..

"There are two major pressure changes in a four stroke internal combustion engine , when you light the fire and when the rods exit the block..."