question for the turbo guys

More
15 Aug 2007 19:53 #164173 by Makarth
Replied by Makarth on topic question for the turbo guys
= FUN!!! :evil:

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2007 15:50 #164301 by Lorcan
Replied by Lorcan on topic question for the turbo guys
Turbo and nitrous can be done but it's tricky due to the increased exhaust gas from the nitrous overspeeding the turbo making boost control difficult. A friend of mine was experimenting recently with 6psi of boost and with a 50 shot it went to 26psi...

Nitrous also needs careful ignition control due to the increased burn speed.

Clemens Walliert, the german guy mentioned earlier, uses moderate boost (around 23psi) on his 750 turbo but with 120hp of nitrous. He's been through lots of turbos though, killed by overspeeding, and engine problems too. His bike makes around 300hp when it stays in one piece. I think I can beat that without nitrous, we'll find out next year ;)

760cc - 8.69@162mph
810cc, 211mph www.750turbo.com
www.stormdragbike.com

More
16 Aug 2007 16:48 #164311 by 810gpz750
Replied by 810gpz750 on topic question for the turbo guys
Lorcan wrote:

Turbo and nitrous can be done but it's tricky due to the increased exhaust gas from the nitrous overspeeding the turbo making boost control difficult. A friend of mine was experimenting recently with 6psi of boost and with a 50 shot it went to 26psi...

Nitrous also needs careful ignition control due to the increased burn speed.

Clemens Walliert, the german guy mentioned earlier, uses moderate boost (around 23psi) on his 750 turbo but with 120hp of nitrous. He's been through lots of turbos though, killed by overspeeding, and engine problems too. His bike makes around 300hp when it stays in one piece. I think I can beat that without nitrous, we'll find out next year ;)

wow! i cant wait to see :cheer: