best sounding exhaust

More
13 Jul 2007 11:13 #156655 by patmann
Replied by patmann on topic best sounding exhaust
tjettim wrote:

I still think the Kerkers are too darn loud.
Other pipes were quieter and made just as much
if not more power.

Most times people remove the baffle. That's why they are loud. A Kerker WITH a sreet baffle and packing is not loud. As a matter of fact the 100 % STOCK LTD pipes I run, are louder than the above mentioned Kerker.
The person I bought my LTD pipes from said they are too loud for him. He had switched to a Kerker to get away from loud pipes:blink: I thought he was kidding until he started up his 1978 1000 LTD with the Kerker. I couldn't honestly believe my ears! It was that quite. And not just at a idle either.
Both of my Kerkers are LOUD. One has no baffle only the end cap, and the other is a race baffle.

1974 900 Z1 modified to look like a LTD , some engine mods. But I still have all the original parts.
1977 1000 project bike
1972 H1 project bike
If pro is opposite of con, then what is the opposite of progress?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2007 11:35 #156657 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic best sounding exhaust
The old Kerkers were loud because all the packing would burn out plus the baffle was short. Later Kerker made better packing and the street baffle that was close to 2ft long. The Kerker, even with the 2ft long baffle is still a lot louder than stock 650 pipes. I still can't believe how much better I like the stock system myself.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
13 Jul 2007 13:36 #156681 by tjettim
Replied by tjettim on topic best sounding exhaust
I'll bet your neihbors like it better also.
Did you know a garden hose will fit into
a Kerker baffle?