clutch not disengaging?

More
20 Jun 2007 19:37 #151323 by brich
Replied by brich on topic clutch not disengaging?
lol .. i only loosen the starter cover bolts. Took longer to crop the pics .. damn 10MP camera!! I need a cheap one!

Ok ..

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jun 2007 19:38 #151324 by brich
clutch NOT pulled in ...

1975 Z1 900, 1075 wiesco kit, web cams, smooth bores, dyna ignition, denco pipe, lester mags, wicked bad rotors, custom gauge face plates .. not much stock left.
Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2007 19:38 #151325 by brich
clutch PULLED in ...

Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2007 19:39 #151326 by brich
.. damn i love technolgy. This is like a virtual shop that doesn't charge $65 an hour! I love it ..

Attachments:

More
20 Jun 2007 19:50 #151331 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic clutch not disengaging?
Man that's clean in there!:ohmy:
Nope...looks good as far as that goes...what about the other side?(not now).
How did the clutch lever feel when You pulled it in(with the cover on of course)?Did it feel normal to You?

Did You install all of the plates in the proper order,starting off with a friction plate one and ENDING with a friction plate?
Did You oil the new friction-plates?

Any spare parts from the whole job?:whistle: :huh: :laugh:

Post edited by: Sandy, at: 2007/06/20 23:53

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
20 Jun 2007 19:59 #151334 by Sandy
DOH!
Just remembered...the adjustment on the cover itself.
Did You re-adjust THAT,after installing the new clutch?

Nevermind...just read that You DID adjust that...my bad.:blush:

Post edited by: Sandy, at: 2007/06/20 23:01

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
20 Jun 2007 20:00 #151335 by brich
yeah i just put this whole thing together over the course of last month so still pretty clean .. hasn't seen the road yet.

So yeah ... clutch lever feels pretty tight when i pull it. Definitely too tight.

I had the clutch and springs (new APE "heavy duty") put in at the shop when they were timing my cams. These cats usually do good work and have a lot of experience with the old skool z1's. Hell if they can time Web Cams i trust them to do my clutch. :dry:
But hey .. if i got to take it off to check guess i gots to do it!! :pinch:
I just got to find something to hold the basket and get that nut off with!!:laugh:

More
20 Jun 2007 20:04 #151336 by Sandy
No You don't Brich...You only have to remove the main cover,and then remove the 5 bolts holding the clutch-plates cover,to get into the plates.
I forgot that You had a shop install the clutch.
Before You do that though,lets make sure We're not missing anything else,Bud...I'm tired right now,so I'm a bit brain-dead,lol:S

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
20 Jun 2007 20:08 #151339 by Sandy
You say the lever is "Too tight"...
That tells me that You need to slack off on the adjustment somewhere.
What about right at the lever adjuster,and the adjuster down near the pipes...the adjuster at the lever...try screwing it in some.

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
20 Jun 2007 20:08 #151340 by brich
lol as you said that i pictured the clutch and thought .. man i am a dumbazz :blink: and should go to sleep cause i think I knew that too!! talk to ya later bro and thanks!

More
20 Jun 2007 20:12 #151343 by Sandy
We'll get it...We HAVE to!:laugh:
Tomorrow's another day...get some sleep,and report back here directly after work!B) :laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
20 Jun 2007 20:27 #151347 by brich
will do .. and food for thought ..

It goes right from total slack to too tight. It isn't actually already engaged or anything. Tried all that. Just as soon as it engages it feels definitely too tight.

I'll check in when i get home. I am feeling a clutch removal, inspection and installation ... just to be sure no stone is left unturned. Shouldn't take too long.