guy wanto to trade, what do i do?

More
28 May 2007 10:01 #144239 by steell
Replied by steell on topic guy wants to to trade, what do i do?
It's not only "does the bike have a title", it's "does the bike have a title that's VALID in your particular State.
I have had title transfer refused for the following reasons (In Indiana):

Seller signed in wrong place

Out of State title from a State that requires titles to be Notarized, wasn't Notarized (Indiana titles not required to be Notarized).

Seller signed in wrong place, lined it out, signed in correct place.

Ink pen ran out of ink after seller filled out name, address, and signed it, but had to use a different pen to date the title. Ink was not a perfect match, so title transfer was refused.

That's why I have so many spare parts, and frames without valid titles, even though I have a title for every single one of them :angry:

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
28 May 2007 11:00 #144255 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic guy wants to to trade, what do i do?
steell wrote:

It's not only "does the bike have a title", it's "does the bike have a title that's VALID in your particular State.
I have had title transfer refused for the following reasons (In Indiana):

Seller signed in wrong place

Out of State title from a State that requires titles to be Notarized, wasn't Notarized (Indiana titles not required to be Notarized).

Seller signed in wrong place, lined it out, signed in correct place.

Ink pen ran out of ink after seller filled out name, address, and signed it, but had to use a different pen to date the title. Ink was not a perfect match, so title transfer was refused.

That's why I have so many spare parts, and frames without valid titles, even though I have a title for every single one of them :angry:

ah the wonderfull world of the packrat aka wireman:P

More
28 May 2007 15:40 #144321 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic guy wants to to trade, what do i do?
Refused due to different color inks. Man, your state is strict. Every single title I get is signed in two different inks, one where the seller signed it and another where the person I sell it to signs it. I have never got a call from any of my buyers saying that the title was refused.I have a 03 Shadow now that I got a few weeks ago. It was a KY title and the seller had to pay property tax so the the title had to be signed over to me. I went to register it and they told me that one of the digits in the VIN was missing on the title. Somehow the last digit got dropped off. I brought home the title, filled in the digit (number 1) and then poured some very drak coffee on it to stain it a bit and hide the proof. I took it back a few days later and they didn't notice anything. Should be back this week and then I can sell it.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.