guy wanto to trade, what do i do?

More
27 May 2007 19:43 #144110 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic guy wants to to trade, what do i do?
awesome bad kaw!
i might be able to save this one from e-bay yet.:woohoo:

also works for a project bike i own:woohoo:
(btw, i am accepting donations for the gpz recovery fund :evil: )

Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2007/05/27 22:48

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 May 2007 20:40 #144126 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
Bad Kaw wrote:

The two ways in Kansas are (1) Petition to quiet title: semi-lengthy process that involves the courts...used in the event of a title dispute, or to squash any outstanding claims one might have on a title, and (2) Mechanic's lean: don't know if this one is still valid, but don't know that it's not. Did the new law address "mech's lean"s?

-KR

I think the "quiet title" provision was removed as I couldn't find it in the statutes a month or two ago. As for a mechanic's lien, I didn't know that was a way to recover a title, just a way to make the vehicle collateral for money owed.

BTW, I'm not an attorney. :S

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
27 May 2007 20:50 #144134 by badboie
Replied by badboie on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
if you buy it, plan on doin a lost title clame. I would deffenitly do my homework when dealing with a effy situation like this. Also, you already have a bike that runs. if you get this bike you dont know if it even will run after fixin the carbs. you might run into more problems and you might end up spending more on the bike then you planned.

More
27 May 2007 21:03 #144140 by steell
Replied by steell on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
badboie wrote:

if you buy it, plan on doin a lost title clame. I would deffenitly do my homework when dealing with a effy situation like this. Also, you already have a bike that runs. if you get this bike you dont know if it even will run after fixin the carbs. you might run into more problems and you might end up spending more on the bike then you planned.

It's pretty much a given that you will end up spending more money than you have planned on any project bike, at least that's always been true for me :D

KD9JUR

More
27 May 2007 23:31 #144162 by themachine
Replied by themachine on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
1500 is too much for a titleless un running gpz750.

82 kawaski csr1000 Evolved into a streetfighter.

I love Speed! Hot Nasty Badass Speed!!!

More
28 May 2007 05:30 #144176 by FloridaBiker
Replied by FloridaBiker on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
A non running, non title GPZ is worth from $100 to a max of $400, according to how nice it is.

More
28 May 2007 05:45 #144178 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
steell wrote:

It's pretty much a given that you will end up spending more money than you have planned on any project bike, at least that's always been true for me :D

I'll second that motion... :pinch:

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
28 May 2007 05:47 #144179 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
Have you ever ridden a GPz750? That is possibly one of the most uncomfortable bikes of all times... it doesn't have much more zip than a 650! The bike is tall and the seat is canted forward to where your private parts are shoved up onto the gas tank. I am told a Corbin seat helps some but I personally don't want to sing soprano! And $1500 is too much for a ??? bike with no title. The ITS title service MIGHT be able to help but there have been MANY negative comments on this board about that company.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
28 May 2007 05:58 #144181 by flht1997
Replied by flht1997 on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
My advice is to run away from this one.
-no title.
-does not run.
-extremely overpriced.
-iffy ownership.
the bike is worth a couple hundred bucks tops. good running,good shape, clear title, in original condition GPZ's can be had for 1500 all day, i say keep your 650 and keep looking for a GPZ and let this one go.

Matt Milwaukee, WI
75' KZ400, (5) 78' KZ400, 76' KZ 750, 78' KZ650
78'CB750F, 78' CB550K
89' BMW R100RT
05' H-D Electra Glide
06' KLR650
Do it right or don't bother doing it at all.

More
28 May 2007 07:47 #144202 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
wiredgeorge wrote:

...seat is canted forward to where your private parts are shoved up onto the gas tank...I personally don't want to sing soprano!....

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
28 May 2007 08:31 #144216 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic guy wanto to trade, what do i do?
N0NB wrote:

Bad Kaw wrote:

The two ways in Kansas are (1) Petition to quiet title: semi-lengthy process that involves the courts...used in the event of a title dispute, or to squash any outstanding claims one might have on a title, and (2) Mechanic's lean: don't know if this one is still valid, but don't know that it's not. Did the new law address "mech's lean"s?

-KR

I think the "quiet title" provision was removed as I couldn't find it in the statutes a month or two ago. As for a mechanic's lien, I didn't know that was a way to recover a title, just a way to make the vehicle collateral for money owed.

BTW, I'm not an attorney. :S

Oh hey, me neither! I just a college prof (Justice Studies) and teach some legal studies. But what I've found is that "enthusiasts" often know more about certain aspects than "professionals". For instance I bet everybody here knows more about Z1-Rs than the local Kaw dealers and sales persons. Same principals apply to 'vehicle title recovery'...I've done title petitions before and the mech's lean is a very similar process. The easiest thing that I've found is that link I posted for the title service. You basically sell them your bike for a buck, they title it in their state and re-sell it to you for whatever their fee is (like $75 - $150, I think) and send you back the bill of sale and a title from their state. This process circumvents our silly boundaries and puts the issue of "honesty" and "theft" on the petitioner's shoulders in the event of deception...ie: they're not legally liable if somebody wants to pull a 'fast one'.
I've used the title service people more than 5 times with great success, but not since the Jan 1 law...I don't think the new law offers an obsticle, though. I thought the new law was actually legal 'fall out' from cities trying to get junk vehicles moved out of people's yards and out of city limits.

(sorry to chase this tangent but,...we're Kansas geeks!:S )

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)

More
28 May 2007 08:36 #144217 by Bad Kaw
Replied by Bad Kaw on topic guy wants to to trade, what do i do?
kawsakiman wrote:

awesome bad kaw!
i might be able to save this one from e-bay yet.:woohoo:

also works for a project bike i own:woohoo:
(btw, i am accepting donations for the gpz recovery fund :evil: )<br><br>Post edited by: kawsakiman, at: 2007/05/27 22:48

Dude, I hope you get your bike...but I recommend contacting an attourney to see if the service that I posted a link to is viable in your state.

State soveriegnty: this is the constitutional foundation that each state can make its own laws to govern itself.

So, whatever state you are in has different laws than Kansas...check twice :: buy once. :)

78 Kawasaki Z1R
81 Kawasaki KZ1000J (mods)
82 Kawasaki ELR Clone (1000 J)
82 Kawasaki KZ750R1/GPz750 ELR-ed
70 Kawasaki KV75
83 Honda CB1100F (few mods)
79 Suzuki GS1000 (rolling frame / project / junk)
84 Suzuki GS1150ES (modified project)
83 Yamaha XJ900R (project / junk)