Jumping Time?

More
20 Jan 2007 06:21 #107003 by kawadruida
Replied by kawadruida on topic Jumping Time?
You welcome man! If you need some pics of the pages that cover timing procedure, I can post them.

Good luck and happy wrenching!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2007 06:09 #107822 by cnyl
Replied by cnyl on topic Jumping Time?
Well..... I tried the correct installation procedure and it still jumps time on me. It jumps time after trying to start her over and over.
I think i'll give up on her... Really didn't want to split the case to fix this prob. She will be put up for sale. Do you think $300 is a fair price? :unsure:

1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

More
24 Jan 2007 06:20 #107827 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Jumping Time?
More than fair. But why give up so quick? Get a manual tensioner from Z1 and take a whack at it before giving up and if that doesnt work, give up cos I would!

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
24 Jan 2007 06:22 #107828 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic Jumping Time?
Did you do the tensioner check as I mentioned earlier in the topic, cos that might not be working

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
24 Jan 2007 06:25 #107829 by cnyl
Well..... I tried the correct installation procedure and it still jumps time on me. It jumps time after trying to start her over and over.
I think i'll give up on her... Really didn't want to split the case to fix this prob. She will be put up for sale. Do you think $300 is a fair price? :unsure:

1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

More
24 Jan 2007 07:41 #107845 by kawadruida
Replied by kawadruida on topic Jumping Time?
DON´T GIVE UP!

Try the manual tensioner, or fit new springs for the automatic one first. And you don´t need to split the cases just to change the camchain. Search this forum, several guys here have changed it with a special "breaking/riveting" tool that allows to split the old chain, connect a new one to it in order to fit it in and finally close the new chain safely.

And if you do give up after all, crate that bike and send it over to me! I wonder how much will the shipping charges be from USA to Argentina...

But a KZ550 with a minor problem like that for just 300 bucks is just unthinkable down here...

More
25 Jan 2007 06:16 #108050 by cnyl
Thanks kawadruida, I'll do some searching for the method used to replace the cam chain... I'm still not shure that's the problem though.. I just hate throwing money at it not knowing what's going on. ;)

1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill