How to make exhaust shoot flames??

More
10 Jan 2007 10:26 #104708 by Nelson
Replied by Nelson on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames?
Danger is my business! :lol: But I don't want to set my bike on fire either.

Here's a toyota cold start injector. i wonder if it would flow enough with only gravity feed and no pump. Anybody know about this? I've never worked with EFI before.

Toyota Cold Start injector on the Bay

Post edited by: steell, at: 2007/01/12 07:28

Restoring and customizing a KZ1000. Click here to read about it.
Plated KTM, DR650, KZ1000, Former MC mechanic (eons ago). 40 yrs. of dirt and street.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Jan 2007 17:06 #104815 by APE Jay
Replied by APE Jay on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE
You get one gas nozzle and the electric fuel pump from NOS. Put the nozzle in the pipe about 4" from the end. Put the spark plug almost at the end. Wire it up so when the plug fires, the fuel pump also runs. Nice fire show. That is how the car guys do it.

Jay

More
11 Jan 2007 07:44 #104914 by solomrus
Replied by solomrus on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE
a buddy of mine used to do this while we were riding...

he would shut off the ignition while rolling with the bike in a tall gear, say 4th or 5th, with the ignition off, and the engine turning over, he then pulled the choke...

the vacuum from the engine turning over pulled LOTS of fuel into the combustion chamber... cams are cranking, fuel goes into exhaust...

next thing he does is turn off the choke, and turns the ignition back on.

ka-BOOOM!!!! 7 or 8 feet of flames out the kerker. if you were too close, he'd singe your eyebrows. the best part was the massive muffled BOOM that it made.

it was quick too, i never could get the combo down pat where i could do it as well as he did.

--r

198o kz1ooo Bravo Four

More
11 Jan 2007 19:10 #105082 by tnutz
Replied by tnutz on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE

Gris, I think what happens with those kits is they kill the spark to a cylinder and let the petrol flow on through the exhaust. When you release the button, spark goes back to the cylinder and no more gas in the exhaust. At least that's what I recall from Horsepower TV.

Bingo...My friend has a setup on his 53 pontiac, kill spark a couple plugs, rev it up good, then flip your switch to your plug in the end of the pipe.

More
11 Jan 2007 20:25 #105095 by agawam
Replied by agawam on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE
How about thick white smoke.....you will need a car windshield washer bottle and some capillary tubing...the basics are fill the washer with mazola oil and inject it into your exhaust through the capillary tubing result massive amounts of white smoke the guy behind you can't see through..if you use canole' oil it will smell like popcorn

Post edited by: agawam, at: 2007/01/11 23:26

More
11 Jan 2007 20:39 #105097 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE
agawam wrote:

How about thick white smoke.....you will need a car windshield washer bottle and some capillary tubing...the basics are fill the washer with mazola oil and inject it into your exhaust through the capillary tubing result massive amounts of white smoke the guy behind you can't see through..if you use canole' oil it will smell like popcorn<br><br>Post edited by: agawam, at: 2007/01/11 23:26

james bond anyone?:laugh:

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
11 Jan 2007 22:26 #105115 by 77KZ650
Replied by 77KZ650 on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE
APE Jay wrote:

You get one gas nozzle and the electric fuel pump from NOS. Put the nozzle in the pipe about 4" from the end. Put the spark plug almost at the end. Wire it up so when the plug fires, the fuel pump also runs. Nice fire show. That is how the car guys do it.

Jay

so how many psi is the pump we need, and what kind of flow does the nozzle put out? if we want to build a cheap setup with some car parts lying around:whistle:

07 MDP Rookie of the Year
01 ZX-12R street/drag bike. 8.97 @155.7 pump gas, dot tires, no bars, no power adders. top speed in the 1/4: 161MPH

More
12 Jan 2007 09:04 #105171 by Nelson
Replied by Nelson on topic How to make exhaust shoot flames??- UPDATE
yup, that's what I want - a cheap homemade rig. I dunno exactly what parts to use though.

Restoring and customizing a KZ1000. Click here to read about it.
Plated KTM, DR650, KZ1000, Former MC mechanic (eons ago). 40 yrs. of dirt and street.